Remix of CM 6.0?

catpaws

Reaction score
I am wondering if there will be a remix of CM 6.0 once Cyanogen's team finishes up the final version. I am a big fan of the CM remix so I'm really hoping jrummy makes one.

So, jrummy, are you planning to make a new remix when the final version of CM 6.0 comes out?

Thanks!

zerosouls

Soulless Droid
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gplus.to
I personally love cyanoegen remixes, but am annoyed with their releases... hopefully they figure out how to market their goods in the future

zerosouls

Soulless Droid
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gplus.to
I personally love cyanoegen remixes, but am annoyed with their releases... hopefully they figure out how to market their goods in the future
what are you annoyed about?

Only that their releases have been about x months behind current roms... I know they got a team, but they got a team....

The only prob is that they dont have a team releasing froyo, and I doubt their froyo releases will be more impressive than what's out.

My main problem, is that they also don't communicate this effectively... twitter is cute and all, but they use their forums pretty badly.

I know their doing their best with what they got, but I still doubt they can even compete with pete or Jrummy's ROM's now that I have enjoyed them both for some time now.

I am really rooting for Cyanogen and all, but even their 2.1 android rom's fail to pete and fill in the blank.

tdog7879

Reaction score
what are you annoyed about?

Only that their releases have been about x months behind current roms... I know they got a team, but they got a team....

The only prob is that they dont have a team releasing froyo, and I doubt their froyo releases will be more impressive than what's out.

My main problem, is that they also don't communicate this effectively... twitter is cute and all, but they use their forums pretty badly.

I know their doing their best with what they got, but I still doubt they can even compete with pete or Jrummy's ROM's now that I have enjoyed them both for some time now.

I am really rooting for Cyanogen and all, but even their 2.1 android rom's fail to pete and fill in the blank.
I agree with you some what...they have been take there time with the froyo build but im hoping it will be worth the wait ! I do agree with what you say about jrummy's roms He has been on point putting out some good roms but i have never had any luck with petes roms .

hookerdj

Reaction score
try flashing a ******* rom and make sure you hold on to your pants cause it flies

Last edited by a moderator:

JCo352

Reaction score
I would wait 6 months for Cyanogens release before I would try Blackdroids Rom.

tdog7879

Reaction score
try flashing a ****** rom and make sure you hold on to your pants cause it flies
I dont see how it could be any faster than other roms? whats so special about his roms? Sorry i just have heard negatived stuff

Last edited by a moderator:

romanrish

Reaction score
In reply to statement degrading the Cyanogenmod releases.

Cyanogen is built from source to start. Meaning that the features are just that. Instead of being half done tweaks. When you build it from source the features are actually built in instead of tweaking a zip file. Also to say that CM releases are behind the curb is an asanine statement because if you knew anything the majority of these roms you're talking about are built from cyan source. Some are just edited zip files. Anybody can take the OTA and tweak the zip. The ignorance of some astounds. The only rom currently using another vendor setup that I know of is Sapphire.

Also on a side note CM6 is currently in testing. Koush and the entire cyanogen team don't believe in releasing half baked roms so they iron out all the bugs w/ people who test for them. Which is a pretty large group. The userbase for the tests is larger than most roms entire user base.

Why some feel the need to bash some of the developers responsible for where we are with our droids makes me sick. If you don't understand the process don't comment. Do you go to nasa and tell them how to build rockets?

Also only my first part was directed at the person I quoted. The rest was from a couple posts up. If you get the test of CM6 it is better than any other froyo ROM out. I will say sapphire is about even with it and their entire team is awesome also. The team will release the final CM6 build when it is bug free, so there aren't a 1000 threads saying "<insert> is broke. This rom sucks"

Last edited:

tdog7879

Reaction score
Im assuming your are referring to the statement about the UD Rom?

zerosouls

Soulless Droid
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gplus.to
Wow... I can't wait till anyone comments on a UD rom or a Cyanogen ROM... oh wait.. my bad droid forums doesn't do that anymore :)

tdog7879

Reaction score
Yeah I thought this thread was about if jrummy was going to make a re -mix of cm6??