Question about Shiz vs Remix

false_paradigm

Reaction score
Ok so I get that the Shiz is build off source and remix 08 isn't (Cyanogenmod, etc...). I have never seen an explanation go much past source or not, but when you boil it down there must be a difference in performance or else Jrummy and N8 wouldn't go to the trouble. So I'd like to ask A) what are the differences really and B) which do you (JRummy) use?

Thanks in advance, and Happy Memorial day, thank a soldier while you're at it.

chaz2400

Reaction score
Ditto. GREAT roms Jrummy, thanks for all of the hard work. However, can someone clarify the difference between the two mentioned above?

Thanks!

tomadoggy

Reaction score
+1 Please do tell....what is/are the differences? Perhaps a matrix. Yes flashing and wasting a day investigating used to be fun, now all I want is the gratification of making an informed decision :)

jrummy16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
The shiz and the remix are now both built from source (n8 built cyanogenmod from CM's source, and I built the shiz from aosp w/ koush's vendor setup).

The difference between the Shiz and some other stock 2.1 roms out there is that it isn't a modified system dump. It's the real deal, coming straight from google's open source project (but compiled on my desktop). The good thing about building from source is that you can modify code before it is compiled to add extra features and of course it will run very smooth as long as the compile was good.

Building Cyanogenmod from source really has no special benifits quite yet. The build is the same you would get if you download 5.0.7.1+gapps. It was just compiled on another system. The future possible benifit though is that we have cyanogens source available and now can modify it.

Hopefully that explains a little :icon_eek:

OP
F

false_paradigm

Reaction score
The shiz and the remix are now both built from source (n8 built cyanogenmod from CM's source, and I built the shiz from aosp w/ koush's vendor setup).

The difference between the Shiz and some other stock 2.1 roms out there is that it isn't a modified system dump. It's the real deal, coming straight from google's open source project (but compiled on my desktop). The good thing about building from source is that you can modify code before it is compiled to add extra features and of course it will run very smooth as long as the compile was good.

Building Cyanogenmod from source really has no special benifits quite yet. The build is the same you would get if you download 5.0.7.1+gapps. It was just compiled on another system. The future possible benifit though is that we have cyanogens source available and now can modify it.

Excellent, so then I would wager you run the Shiz at the moment on your phone yeah?

jrummy16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score

Excellent, so then I would wager you run the Shiz at the moment on your phone yeah?

I have made too many options I don't know what to run on my phone :blink:

I'm ussually running the rom I'm working on that day.. so right now.. I'm running the shiz.

OP
F

false_paradigm

Reaction score

I have made too many options I don't know what to run on my phone :blink:

I'm ussually running the rom I'm working on that day.. so right now.. I'm running the shiz.

LOL. Awesome. Now I just need to figure out why my phone suddenly has been so problematic. Now my back up of the first flashing of the shiz is giving me a headache. Considering starting from blank again. Sigh.