[Release] Succulent Desire 6.5 THEMED

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
I like the Rom alot, but I'm having some trouble getting to the market with it. It keeps telling me a network error has occured, even when Im connected to wifi

try a market fix update.zip

and/or

try going into

settings>applications> manage applications>at the top click all>find market

clear data/cache if possible and reboot into recovery and clear cache again..

OP
garrett

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
anybody have any issues w/weather widgets not getting the weather? or the news/weather widget?

Google weather has been having problems over the last week or two with updating. So any app like Beautiful Widgets, Weather widget donate or any other app that uses Google Weather.

this is not rom or OS version specific...

NattyBee

Reaction score
location fix...

Has the Location thing been resolved? I'm interested to try this rom, as I loved the 2.1 Succulent Desire roms...but I want to have my Maps/Nav working properly, plus I don't want google.com and weather, etc to be unable to find me... I read a few people complaining that this is a problem...

another question while I'm asking...does the battery icon have percentages?

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
Has the Location thing been resolved? I'm interested to try this rom, as I loved the 2.1 Succulent Desire roms...but I want to have my Maps/Nav working properly, plus I don't want google.com and weather, etc to be unable to find me... I read a few people complaining that this is a problem...

Some people are having issues with location and google, others aren't.. i havn't heard anyone reporting maps/nav working, just other GPS functions like the weather and browser, no one has said GPS wasn't working in maps..

the % is in the battery on the themed version, but not the unthemed one..

NattyBee

Reaction score

Some people are having issues with location and google, others aren't.. i havn't heard anyone reporting maps/nav working, just other GPS functions like the weather and browser, no one has said GPS wasn't working in maps..

the % is in the battery on the themed version, but not the unthemed one..

Ok, that's very cool :)

IndyCross

Reaction score
there is some confusion here.. GPS:works great. Compass and location: not great. I don't even have an option under privacy to change how certain apps access or use my location. Other compass apps don't even show my compass as moving, like the hardware is nonexistent. I switched to another rom, problem went away. Don't get me wrong, yours is my favorite rom by far, even with this glitch, but I may have to switch because of it.

Please forgive the typos.
~IndyCross~

NattyBee

Reaction score
there is some confusion here.. GPS:works great. Compass and location: not great. I don't even have an option under privacy to change how certain apps access or use my location. Other compass apps don't even show my compass as moving, like the hardware is nonexistent. I switched to another rom, problem went away. Don't get me wrong, yours is my favorite rom by far, even with this glitch, but I may have to switch because of it.

~IndyCross~

Have you tried applying Chevy's fix? I applied this to my phone to make sure it works, and I've had no problems...

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/chevyno1/56941-gps-weather-widgets-location-fix.html

NattyBee

Reaction score

~IndyCross~

hmmmm, forgot to test how Compass works...which compass are you using? I just installed the one made by Snaptic...and it works great...even knows the exact address I'm at...pretty cool, never bothered with this before, I owe you a thanks for introducing me to it, IndyCross!dancedroid

IndyCross

Reaction score

~IndyCross~

hmmmm, forgot to test how Compass works...which compass are you using? I just installed the one made by Snaptic...and it works great...even knows the exact address I'm at...pretty cool, never bothered with this before, I owe you a thanks for introducing me to it, IndyCross!dancedroid

Applied the updae and now location & compass work perfectly! I now I have a bugless perfect speedy rom. DONATE TIME!

NattyBee

Reaction score

~IndyCross~

Applied the updae and now location & compass work perfectly! I now I have a bugless perfect speedy rom. DONATE TIME!

SWEET! so glad it worked for you!dancedroid

NattyBee

Reaction score
market tries to download it or update it ..can't remember which ..always says unsuccessfull

I believe there was a fix for that too...I've got the file on my pc I believe, but I forget where I got it from...lemme see if I can find the link...

NattyBee

Reaction score
market tries to download it or update it ..can't remember which ..always says unsuccessfull

I believe there was a fix for that too...I've got the file on my pc I believe, but I forget where I got it from...lemme see if I can find the link...

OK, go to http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ch...her-ext2-cifs-complete-backup-restore-15.html and look at/around post #174... this issue you described was going on in SS4.1 and I had the same problem, but what I did was used that maps-reinstall.zip using instructions from that thread...

hope that works for ya! ;)

**Edit** here's a link directly to the maps-reinstall download...http://www.mediafire.com/?zfwmjntzzqy
you may need to use Root Explorer to delete the maps you currently have...or perhaps there's a script in SD6.5 to delete it? either way, that should solve your problem...

Last edited: