[Release] Succulent Desire 6.5 THEMED

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
EDIT: updated with new music app optomized for 2.2 froyo. will include install instructions at the very bottom for those that dont want to re-install the entire rom.

Succulent Desire 6.5 Themed.

Base: Woodys Succulent Desire LINK

Added/updates

Droid X Boot Animation
Dark notification bar
Transparent Drop down (credit to Xeudoxus)
Custom battery icons with percentages
changed font colors to white
Removed stock music app and replaced it with music app from the milestone that shows cover art with 4 widgets. - Credit to Eliot Stocker Pirate Media
download progress bar colors changed to match battery icon
modified power control widget to match battery icon
Themed launcher pro to match notification bar. (Must go into preferences and select Froyo Wide to get themed version) If you have launcher pro installed already you need to uninstall it or you will have problems.

Custom Scripts (credit to Woody)
-blockads (blocks adds in apps & browser)
-cpuinfo (shows cpu info)
-droidboot (installs my custom boot animation *Decreases boot time*)
-clear (clears terminal screen)
-date (shows date/time)
-godmode (allows viewing and editing of all files on phone using any file viewer)
-poweroff (shuts phone down)
-reboot (reboots phone)
-recov (reboots phone into recovery mode)
-rm (removes specified file/apk)
-rmdir (removes directory)
-rmcarhome (removes Car Home App)
-rmemail (removes Email App)
-rmgenie (removes News & Weather App)
-rmmod (removes nexusmod App)
-rmnexusmod (removes nexusmod App)
-showads (allows ads to show in Apps & browser)
-soundoff (disables camera shutter sound & video recording sound)
-soundon (enables camera shutter sound & video recording sound)
-sysro (mounts system read only) thanks ChevyNo1
-sysrw (mounts system read write) thanks ChevyNo1
-uptime (shows how long phone has been on)
-zipalign_apks (will zipalign every apk on your phone) *Be Careful Using*

Screenshots:

1.png
2.png
3.png
4.png

7.png
6.png
10.png
]
5.png

8.png

as always make sure you do a backup before making any changes.

If you are currently on a froyo rom you DO NOT need to wipe if you used the update.zip.
Download Links:
Update.zip - LINK

This rom comes packaged with a 800 mhz overclock kernel but if you want something faster i reccomend Chevy's kernels they have never done me wrong. download them here

if anyone wants the wallpaper from my screenshots you can download it HERE

Instructions to install new music app. This one looks exactly the same so if your not having any issues with the current one its not worth your time to do this. I included this file in the update.zip download so if your not comfortable using ADB i suggest using that method.

here is the download LINK

save that file to the root of your SD card then from ADB shell or a root terminal do this.

make sure your SD card is not mounted or you will get an error saying the file does not exist.

hit enter after each line.
Code:
adb shell
su
sysrw
rm /system/app/Music.apk
cp /sdcard/Music-Mod.apk /system/app/
sysro

EDIT
Since there was an update to launcher pro yesterday (07/09/2010) here are the instructions for the new modified launcherpro to match the notification bar.
INSTRUCTIONS

Last edited:

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
YAY.! so excited this theme is GREAT GUYS..

and the usual SD theme will be back for 7.0 along with this one.. :)
and maybe a few more choices.. ;P

J

Johnly

The baddest theme! That LP fits right in, dang, I didn't know that! Going to give that a try. Thanks Garrett and Woody and team....A class!
wip shots
sd%20froyo%20screens.png

Reaction score
Are the app files not supposed to be themed? I d/led it from the update.zip link and none of my apps are themed... just curious

scrizzo

Reaction score
Running into force closes when i try to open the music app...this is before i wiped and after i wiped :/

OP
garrett

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Are the app files not supposed to be themed? I d/led it from the update.zip link and none of my apps are themed... just curious

no i didn't... this was just a simple band-aid to hold me over until 7.0 gets finished. Then others saw it and talked me into releasing it so here it is.

Running into force closes when i try to open the music app...this is before i wiped and after i wiped :/

i updated the update.zip with a new music app. It looks exactly the same as the current one just this version is optimized for 2.2 froyo. Check the original post for the info to install it either using update.zip or just to download and install the APK

Last edited:

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Great job on that! Now I can get rid of blue energy. Stratts probably dieing to get back in front of his PC and get Atlantis blue up to date.

OP
garrett

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Great job on that! Now I can get rid of blue energy. Stratts probably dieing to get back in front of his PC and get Atlantis blue up to date.

hey wait a few min i'm uploading a new version with an updated music app optimized for froyo.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I installed this very late last night. Installed nicely. Tell me more about the music. Is it something extra I need to do or what is different about the new one?

OP
garrett

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I installed this very late last night. Installed nicely. Tell me more about the music. Is it something extra I need to do or what is different about the new one?

for the most part if you open it from the drawer it will look mostly the same.

but what this one has that the stock one doesn;t is 5 different widgets all different sizes and it shows the cover art in the widget.

heres the widgets.

2x2
1.png

1x4
2.png

2x4
3.png

3x4
4.png

4x4
5.png

Last edited:

ecsnead69

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Hey man, have you figured out how to remove the clock? I use BW and the clock in the statusbar just bugs me??

OP
garrett

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Hey man, have you figured out how to remove the clock? I use BW and the clock in the statusbar just bugs me??

yeah i have but i wont be able to get to it till later today. im getting ready to take the boat out for some good old drinkin and fishin before they decide to close the entire gulf of mexico.