[RELEASE] Dark Edge UI 2.2 v1.0!!

G

Grimster

I said its an OK theme but its just not better than Sense UI. All the icons on Darkedge look the same and the only way to quickly distinguish between icons is to read the label at the bottom of them. Thats not cool. Darkedge is just a theme and does not offer the functionality that makes Sense UI so great IMO. Sense UI on Froyo 2.2 includes some of the best Widgets on Android as well. I think the devs should have spent their time developing a cool app instead of changing the colors and icons of Android....

Droidfish

Reaction score
Last I checked, and its been a couple days, there were quite a few devs working apps. They seem to be coming out on a daily basis.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Koveleski

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.kovdev.com
I said its an OK theme but its just not better than Sense UI. All the icons on Darkedge look the same and the only way to quickly distinguish between icons is to read the label at the bottom of them. Thats not cool. Darkedge is just a theme and does not offer the functionality that makes Sense UI so great IMO. Sense UI on Froyo 2.2 includes some of the best Widgets on Android as well. I think the devs should have spent their time developing a cool app instead of changing the colors and icons of Android....

Well, why are you attempting to compare a user interface to a theme? That's like comparing OS X to the Landscapes theme in Windows 7. And while we're at.. Sense isn't aiming to be 'minimalistic' so yeah - the icons in that can contain an ton of colors and look like Jesus himself painted them, meanwhile in DarkEdge, the idea is to create a unity between everything.

I appreciate your appreciation of Sense, but that's not what were aiming to do and its pointless to compare a theme to that. Heck, with DarkEdge being what it is, we could go into a Sense rom and make the Sense have a DarkEdge look. I bet that would make you **** a brick because we ****ed with Sense and then you'd have to compare Sense to SenseDE. AND it'd still have the same widgets, so then you'd really have to then just be arguing about how you prefer their graphics over ours. :p

hookerdj

Reaction score
hands down best theme out most worked and squeezed (did i just say that out loud?)

Well, why are you attempting to compare a user interface to a theme? That's like comparing OS X to the Landscapes theme in Windows 7. And while we're at.. Sense isn't aiming to be 'minimalistic' so yeah - the icons in that can contain an ton of colors and look like Jesus himself painted them, meanwhile in DarkEdge, the idea is to create a unity between everything.

I appreciate your appreciation of Sense, but that's not what were aiming to do and its pointless to compare a theme to that. Heck, with DarkEdge being what it is, we could go into a Sense rom and make the Sense have a DarkEdge look. I bet that would make you **** a brick because we ****ed with Sense and then you'd have to compare Sense to SenseDE. AND it'd still have the same widgets, so then you'd really have to then just be arguing about how you prefer their graphics over ours. :p

Reaction score
i like dark edge, and on droid life and on these forums it says that it should work the best with if you put it on FRG22D, but my problem is that when i do i get these music player controls on top of the unlock screen as well as the top right clock not being able to see..its like dark on dark.

$mitty

Reaction score
It's the beez neez. I mean, look at that lockscreen!! :heart:dancedroid:heart:

CAP2010101220401.jpg

sarreq

Reaction score
will this work with Liquid Froyo?

on a side note, it's be nice if someone could come up with a unified method for theming our various roms and versions (metamorph being incredibly limited) so that we could finally end all this "will this theme work for xyz rom?" silliness. one that doesn't require overwriting bits of APKs preferably.

crackedvenom

Reaction score
well this is an awesome UI but it doesn work well with LP widgets. Which is a huge inconvenience as i use them all the time.

20qypvn.png

Reaction score
I'm running UD 1.0.0 right now...can I just download the update.zip and flash it without any repercussions? I'm making a nandroid recovery right now but I'm not sure if I have to uninstall UD before flashing this. It said it wasn't a complete ROM.

Koveleski

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.kovdev.com
I'm running UD 1.0.0 right now...can I just download the update.zip and flash it without any repercussions? I'm making a nandroid recovery right now but I'm not sure if I have to uninstall UD before flashing this. It said it wasn't a complete ROM.

It's not a rom, it's a theme and currently isn't designed for UD. So flash at your own risk.