DarkEdge Video Installation Walkthrough! in 1080p

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score

Recently, I relayed the news that DarkEdge UI had been released to the public, and it was met with great excitement and exuberance... well... for those who got it working. In other words, I know that some people had difficulty installing the theme properly, and others were intimidated by a rather lengthy installation guide.

So, for those of you having issues with installing DarkEdge, or if you simply want a more in-depth look into ReaLigion/Xeudoxus' groundbreaking UI, Koveleski has kindly published a complete video walkthrough on how to install DarkEdge UI on an ESE81-based ROM.

Following the Installation Guide, Koveleski walks you through every step of the process, and shows you how to deal with common problems, including the infamous "blank screen" on bootup. The 18 minute video is broken up into two parts, and all in 1080p!

Check it out, and post your comments, issues, and feedback here.

[video=youtube;vIGKPitGPSY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIGKPitGPSY&feature=related[/video]

[video=youtube;JHwxFlPREQw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHwxFlPREQw[/video]

Here's the Official DarkEdge thread

Thanks to Koveleski and the rest of the DarkEdge Team!

Last edited:

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I installed Dark Edge last night and must tell you it is awesome. It's a must!

JCo352

Reaction score
I see one little mess up, he didn't tell people to uncheck data on the nandroid starter.

OP
W

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I see one little mess up, he didn't tell people to uncheck data on the nandroid starter.

i don't think it matters either way... unless you're looking to keep your data from your old ROM

Koveleski

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.kovdev.com
There's actually no data within the nandroid starter so I figured it was a null point. But I can always add an annotation at that section.

JCo352

Reaction score
There's actually no data within the nandroid starter so I figured it was a null point. But I can always add an annotation at that section.

Yea, I was thinking that, just thought I would bring it to someones attention.

tribeguy1971

Reaction score
DarkEdge

Does your phone have to be rooted to put this in ? I am waiting on a replacement device from FedEx to come (Moto Droid) and I'm sure it will come with stock 2.1 so do I need to root before installing this ? Thanks mods and everyone else that helps !

thewoody

Reaction score
Great work! I installed this flawlessly and would have loved to have such great instructions when I started messing around with themes! dancedroid