[ROM] [Release] CushZero full 2.3.5

b-jammin21

Reaction score
Not sure if this is ROM related, but my physical keyboard doesn't auto-punctuate anymore like it used to. I've searched all over the internets but came up with nothing......

Any ideas?

OP
cush2push

cush2push

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Not sure if this is ROM related, but my physical keyboard doesn't auto-punctuate anymore like it used to. I've searched all over the internets but came up with nothing......

Any ideas?

Is it gokeyboard or the gb keyboard? Gokeyboard sometimes needs to have that mode activated in its settings menu

Sent from my CushZero using Tapatalk

b-jammin21

Reaction score
I'm talking the physical, slide-out keyboard. It used to auto-punctuate words like "I'm" and "they're" but it's not doing it anymore. I thought it may have been some issue with Go kb so I uninstalled that and installed the stock GB kb. Still isn't working.

I normally use Swype anyways, but for some reason the physical, slide-out keyboard quit the auto-punctuate.

OP
cush2push

cush2push

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I'm talking the physical, slide-out keyboard. It used to auto-punctuate words like "I'm" and "they're" but it's not doing it anymore. I thought it may have been some issue with Go kb so I uninstalled that and installed the stock GB kb. Still isn't working.

I normally use Swype anyways, but for some reason the physical, slide-out keyboard quit the auto-punctuate.

Ahhh gotcha will take a look and see what's the root of it

Sunny

Reaction score
Question for Cush... Flashed your rom last weekend, so far am loving it. Surprisingly fast and so far good battery life. (Came from PE 4.2 which I have been using for a while now...it was starting to get really laggy.)

I have a neat live Halloween wallpaper I wanted to use, but so far have seen no option for live wallpapers in the menu. Other than this I have had no problems with anything else. dancedroid

TIA

undeliverable

Reaction score
Wow! Very impressed.

No prob glad youre digging it :) i love feedback good or bad especially the good lol

I have spent the past several months flashing just about every ROM I could get my hands on. I had come to the conclusion that my old Droid was just not powerful enough to run Gingerbread and I had gone back to PE 4.2/DC12. I saw an update for CushZero and I had never tried one of your ROMs before so I decided to give it a try. I am VERY glad I did! This is the first Gingerbread ROM I have used that gives me the performance and stability I had come to expect from Froyo! I have only been on it a couple of days but it is going very well. I saw in the forum that your Droid as died... Does that mean this is the last release you will be doing for the OG Droid? :(

OP
cush2push

cush2push

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Question for Cush... Flashed your rom last weekend, so far am loving it. Surprisingly fast and so far good battery life. (Came from PE 4.2 which I have been using for a while now...it was starting to get really laggy.)

I have a neat live Halloween wallpaper I wanted to use, but so far have seen no option for live wallpapers in the menu. Other than this I have had no problems with anything else. dancedroid

TIA

in the op there is a flashable zip for live wallpapers along with some other sweetness

OP
cush2push

cush2push

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I have spent the past several months flashing just about every ROM I could get my hands on. I had come to the conclusion that my old Droid was just not powerful enough to run Gingerbread and I had gone back to PE 4.2/DC12. I saw an update for CushZero and I had never tried one of your ROMs before so I decided to give it a try. I am VERY glad I did! This is the first Gingerbread ROM I have used that gives me the performance and stability I had come to expect from Froyo! I have only been on it a couple of days but it is going very well. I saw in the forum that your Droid as died... Does that mean this is the last release you will be doing for the OG Droid? :(

nope wont be the last promise the d1 will have my full support till the end of time
im still patiently waiting for android.git to come back up to finish up the next release in the meanwhile homework and a HoneyComb for HP touchpad port are filling up free time glad youre digging Zero :)

sorry bout the edit hit the stupid mod button again :/

b-jammin21

Reaction score
Hey Cush, did you come up with any ideas on my keyboard issue yet?

When I go into settings for built-in keyboard, I have Auto Replace, Auto Cap, and Auto Punctuate all selected, but it doesn't seem to want to do any of these. For example:

It won't auto capitalize "I" in any instance of me using it, like "I'll" or even "I" alone. It WILL however capitalize what it thinks is the first word in the sentence.

It won't auto punctuate anything "won't," "you're," etc. and I know it used to do this for me before.

I even tried restoring a backup of user dictionary, but no luck. This has been my only nagging issue thus far. Thanks a million for your help.

Just out of curiosity, is anyone else having this problem?

OP
cush2push

cush2push

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Hey Cush, did you come up with any ideas on my keyboard issue yet?

When I go into settings for built-in keyboard, I have Auto Replace, Auto Cap, and Auto Punctuate all selected, but it doesn't seem to want to do any of these. For example:

It won't auto capitalize "I" in any instance of me using it, like "I'll" or even "I" alone. It WILL however capitalize what it thinks is the first word in the sentence.

It won't auto punctuate anything "won't," "you're," etc. and I know it used to do this for me before.

I even tried restoring a backup of user dictionary, but no luck. This has been my only nagging issue thus far. Thanks a million for your help.

Just out of curiosity, is anyone else having this problem?

still trying to narrow the issue i have the same issue as you i never noticed it till now i dont think its dictionary related gonna ask a few other devs and get thier thoughts sorry for the trouble bro

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
still trying to narrow the issue i have the same issue as you i never noticed it till now i dont think its dictionary related gonna ask a few other devs and get thier thoughts sorry for the trouble bro

Probably the latinIME.apk, I looked in your system/app and didn't even see it.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
cush2push

cush2push

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Probably the latinIME.apk, I looked in your system/app and didn't even see it.

i tested that theory and flashed the apk still no dice im gonna do a variotion test of it after class to see if its needed at first boot once i enabled go keyboard it worked again so there may be something to it

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
i tested that theory and flashed the apk still no dice im gonna do a variotion test of it after class to see if its needed at first boot once i enabled go keyboard it worked again so there may be something to it

Yeah, I've been on roms before that had it but wasn't working right. I usually copy it from a working rom, change permissions, and reboot. I have one available if you would like me to post it.

b-jammin21

Reaction score
Im open to any suggestions. And thanks a lot for your help c2p. Let me know what you come up with.

Id also maybe like to try your idea rck, although i have installed the latinime.apk, but maybe it was just a bad file???