RELEASE... Black Market 2.3.4....

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
You and me both!!! Revert back to your backup and try uninstalling updates then flashing again and see if that does it.

Absolutely sir !! Ive learned the hard way in the past....lol...

DroidForums Junkie!!

rctp10

Reaction score
as long as your market reads 2.3.3, you will have no problems. if you want you can either uninstall updates or you can go online and download android market 2.3.3 apk. this is what i did and it worked.....it took me a whole day at work to figure all this nonsense out but i did both ways and both ways worked for me on my DROID 1

hrdnhvy

Reaction score
Successsssss......uninstalled updates + booted into recovery + flashed BlackedOut market again = results...I was starting to develop an unfavorable opion on that damn green market...thank god for BlackedOut....

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Awesome! Glad it worked! dancedroid

Successsssss......uninstalled updates + booted into recovery + flashed BlackedOut market again = results...I was starting to develop an unfavorable opion on that damn green market...thank god for BlackedOut....

DroidForums Junkie!!

mikex

Reaction score
Any instructions to install this? I downloaded, clockwork recovery, installed from zip but it didn't show up

pendo

Reaction score
Hello guys, hoping someone could enlighten me a bit here....

I found this thread while doing some research about modifying AndroidManifest for theme purposes. It took me a little bit to realize this, but I see that the Vending.apk here is not signed. Normally, I pull over META-INF and AndroidManifest from the original apk for all system apps. I've read that system apks don't really need to be resigned, but for me Vending simply won't work. It's visibility is actually removed during the boot process if I just recompile and not resign.

I've got 2 different methods I can use to still get it to work, but neither of them are as attractive as if I could just do without resigning the apk. One is to resign all the apk's that share the same certs as Vending, or the one I'm using personally which is to hack PackageManagerService so that it bypasses signature checks during boot. But neither of those make for a nice and tidy flash.zip like you have here.

My personal device is an N1, but I also work on CM and Sense roms a bit too...don't know if that makes a difference. Any insights you might have would be great.

sirdroid

Reaction score
I have PE4.2 and my Market version is 2.2.11. What do I need to do to get the market black? When I use the blackedoutmarket234.zip nothing is installed and I am left without any market at all.

Thanks.

Yonnor

I r Teh Greetest
Reaction score
My market auto-updated to 2.3.6 tonight according to TiBu :( the white burns my retinas

Sent from an Elite

ukyfan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Got a question for you gurus out there. Will this work on my Thunderbolt? I absolutely hate the green from the stock market, and I had this on my OG D which I loved. Also I hope this isn't in too bad of form, but I was also wondering about the blacked out Gmail app? I don't want to post multiple times with the same question just for different themed apps, but since ecsnead69 did both I thought it might be OK to ask here.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Got a question for you gurus out there. Will this work on my Thunderbolt? I absolutely hate the green from the stock market, and I had this on my OG D which I loved. Also I hope this isn't in too bad of form, but I was also wondering about the blacked out Gmail app? I don't want to post multiple times with the same question just for different themed apps, but since ecsnead69 did both I thought it might be OK to ask here.

It's a go on both

Really?? That's good news! dancedroid

This thread has been Thunder struck!

ukyfan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

It's a go on both

Sweet! Thanks

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums