Red notification light constantly on

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Hello,

My Mom's Droid Pro has a constant red LED over where the notification light is. It's dim when the phone is on and bright when it's off. The only way to get rid of it is to take the battery out.

Battery is at 50% so I don't think it's a low battery. She hasn't noticed it before and either have I. The phone seems fine other wise. No screen protector or case. Apps installed are:

Bluetooth File Transfer
k-9 mail
The Weather Channel
White Pages
Yellow Book

Any ideas?

Last edited:

lizard

Reaction score
Check k9 mail app settings. Probably at notice for mail. Is there ANY unread mail?

tt07

Reaction score
Is it the light closest to the speaker? If so thats a light sensor for automatically shutting off the screen when you're in a call. Its a known issue this light stays ons for no reason but you could try pulling the battery or shutting off the phone. There are a few more recent threads about but cant get the links from my phone and will post em later.

OP
tjk629

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Check k9 mail app settings. Probably at notice for mail. Is there ANY unread mail?

Would that still be on even if the phone is turned off?

Is it the light closest to the speaker? If so thats a light sensor for automatically shutting off the screen when you're in a call. Its a known issue this light stays ons for no reason but you could try pulling the battery or shutting off the phone. There are a few more recent threads about but cant get the links from my phone and will post em later.

I'm not sure. I just know it's where the notification light is at. Shutting off the phone doesn't get rid of it but battery pulling does. The moment the battery makes contact with the pins it comes back on.

But if it's a known issue then I guess it's just a bug. As long as it isn't a bad omen or anything.