New Droid 3 (Android Version 2.3.4) LED notification lights not working!

seawind

Reaction score
I recently received a "brand new" Droid 3 to replace my original phone that was damaged. My original phone was also a droid 3, but I am not sure about it's version. Anyway, my old phone had LED notifications that would let me know when I had email (green for gmail, purple for yahoo), when I had texts (green), when the battery was low (red) and when I was on bluetooth (blue). This new phone is nothing but a brick! I can't find a LED controls in any of the setting menus, and even aftermarket apps can't seem to make the LEDs work. It's quite frustrating, and I hoping somebody has a fix out there. Perhaps a newer Android version is available?

Thanks in advance to anybody who can offer a quick (or not so quick) fix.
Shari

doogald

Reaction score
It sounds like a hardware problem. As far as I know, a stock Droid 3 cannot have its LED notification turned off for most of those alerts.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Welcome to the forum!! This sounds like it either hardware, or perhaps your DROID 3 was running an older version of the android is? I'm not real familiar with the D3.

You don't recall what version you were running, but how long ago did you get the device? And have you done any updates since then? I mean on the old device ;)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!