Red notification light HELP!

Jhelso

Reaction score
I had this red light that will not go away where the notification light is. The light doesn't blink it just constantly stays on and is faint. Anyone have any idea what this is its driving me crazy!

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

mr_silent

Reaction score
Does your phone feel hot? Try pulling the battery while its on and let it reboot.
Oh yeah, give us some info about your phone. Check the about phone menu in settings and list what the last few lines say.
Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
J

Jhelso

Reaction score
The phone isn't hot at all. When I pulled the battered the second I put it back in it was there. In the phone settings what part do you want the status of battery. Is it normal for the battery status to say discharging?

mr_silent

Reaction score
It would help if you give us the info on what model number,android version,rom version, kernel version and build number. Thanks

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

google123

Reaction score
It sounds like the In-Pocket Detection is on. When that option is enabled, there is a dim red indicator light. Check settings>Display>In-Pocket detection......

OP
J

Jhelso

Reaction score
Ok the model is Droid pro the android version is 2.2.1 kernel version 2.6.32.9 and I tried the pocket detection notification to off and its still there.

OP
J

Jhelso

Reaction score
No I haven't installed anything like that. The light came on right when I plugged my phone up to a car charger and it has not gone off since.

mr_silent

Reaction score
Did you use the micro sd cable that came with the phone, and is the car charger made for your phone model? The red led is a battery indicator and is often refered to as the red light of death. You may have damage on your battery. If you know someone with the same model phone and battery try putting their battery in and see if the light goes away, if so you may need a new battery.

Sent from my Milestone 1 using Droid Forums app

tt07

Reaction score
I had the same issue awhile ago with the dim red light and it's not the LED indicator. This light would stay on constantly and even before I rooted and messed with the phone. The only way to shut it off was by pulling the battery or shutting it off. After wiping and installing the new OTA update that light has never came back on.

kjjb0204

Reaction score
Are you sure you don't have any apps installed that can control the led?

OP
J

Jhelso

Reaction score
No its not actually the led light and even when there is no battery in the phone the light is still on.

kjjb0204

Reaction score
I think thats the proximity sensor. Maybe yours is too close to the surface.

spencerarthur

Reaction score
mine is doing the same thing after installing a screen protector, i just replaced the one i had on there before, now this light will not shut off

kjjb0204

Reaction score
mine is doing the same thing after installing a screen protector, i just replaced the one i had on there before, now this light will not shut off

Moto says on their support pages that you should only use a screen protector with cutouts for the sensors. I have an Invisible Shield on mine and it doesn't affect the sensor at all, so not sure if that's why yours is acting strange. What happens if you take the protector off?