Razr says it's charging but isn't

tpain569

Reaction score
I bought a razr off of ebay a month of so ago in "mint" condition, it has worked fine ever since and battery/life has been good. Until a few days ago I had it plugged in to an HTC charger (which I'd used before) when I realized after some time it hadn't gone up at all. The phone says it's charging and gives the percent and the batter icon at the top also has the charging animation. I found some info on booting in BP SBF mode and/or trying some of the other boots. The first time I had this issue that solved the problem after a few tries. The second time I tried and tried until the battery got down to 5% when it magically started working again.This is the third time in four days its happened and I'm at 15% currently and nothing is working. I've used two different charges and tried computer port.

Also, the phone is rooted and seeing as I didn't get it new I have no warranty/insurance options. Should I try a hard reset or any recovery options or is this a hardware issue? Any information would be much apprectiated.

wsmitty

Reaction score
I bought a razr off of ebay a month of so ago in "mint" condition, it has worked fine ever since and battery/life has been good. Until a few days ago I had it plugged in to an HTC charger (which I'd used before) when I realized after some time it hadn't gone up at all. The phone says it's charging and gives the percent and the batter icon at the top also has the charging animation. I found some info on booting in BP SBF mode and/or trying some of the other boots. The first time I had this issue that solved the problem after a few tries. The second time I tried and tried until the battery got down to 5% when it magically started working again.This is the third time in four days its happened and I'm at 15% currently and nothing is working. I've used two different charges and tried computer port.

Also, the phone is rooted and seeing as I didn't get it new I have no warranty/insurance options. Should I try a hard reset or any recovery options or is this a hardware issue? Any information would be much apprectiated.

I would suggest to do a hard reset first. If you got the phone booted, you aren't sure what they did. Also, I have noticed lately that my razr maxx is very particular about the charger, even the USB cord. I have tried using other USB cords just hooking it up the pc, and have found that only the one that came with the razr works every time. Same as charging, for me anyways.