Razr Maxx HD or GS3?

solok9

Reaction score
I have a droid razr now and i'm looking to upgrade to either the razr maxx hd or the gs3. I can't make up my mind on which one to get, and if price wasn't a deciding factor which one should i get?

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
This thread probably has answers for every single question you might have about the differences between the two and the experiences users have had. I'd recommend reading through it, because it's going to be your best source of information. :)

Razr Maxx HD vs. Galaxy s3

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
As someone that has had both phones, I say go with Maxx HD. Similar screen size, still a gorgeous screen quality, amazing battery (I can get 2.5 days), better feel to the phone in general, and better reception.
Alternately, the s3 has a great camera and all the bells and whistles. I averaged about 15 hours on a charge, but had issues occasionally with the battery draining completely in 6hrs. I also had issues with dropped calls and failed messages, which I've never had with Motorola.

In the end you need to figure out what is most important to you in your phone. For me it was battery and reception.

MacLeod

Reaction score
I'm looking at the same options myself. My beloved Thunderbolt is slowly dying on me so it's time to give it back to God I'm afraid. The DNA is the first one I wanted but no SD card and weak non removable battery nixed that one for me. The Note 2 us just too much big and I don't think I'll be able to wait for the GS4 so I am comparing the Maxx HD to the GS3.

The Maxx is likely the one that'll get the nod because I work 2 jobs and a not around a charger all the time so battery life is WAY important for me. The build quality seems to be better and more rugged which I need. That's really about it. Aside from that they're about the same phone. There will be a little more screen real estate with the GS3 because it has actually buttons where the Maxx's buttons are all touch screen so that's a plus for the Sammy.

I wish there were more options but since I live off my phone 12+ hours a day at work, I gotta have either a big battery or at least a removable one so I can buy an extended battery and I really want to be able to use an SD card and sadly these are about the only 2 phones that meet this criteria that also have enough hardware horsepower to last the 20 before I can upgrade again (although I would like 2GB of RAM).

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using Tapatalk 2.