Razr Maxx Discount Pricing

Colorado

Reaction score
I need your help guys and gals. I have read a number of people on here have received great pricing on the maxx ($99 all the way down to $0). I contacted VCS and they told me that there is no way anyone received that pricing. They said if I can provide a letter that someone received with their letterhead on it they would give me that price. If anyone has a copy of a letter with a discount promo offer, can you please pm me a copy? I know that people are getting it for less than $199, and I think they are BS'in me. I would surely appreciate your help.
Here is a clip from the email I received from them:

"To be quite honest with you I have not seen any promotions for the Motorola Maxx where the phone was even close to being at no cost or at the cost of the activation fee. The Motorola Maxx is an iconic device and trust me if the phone was available a no or low cost, I would purchase one myself. The phone is currently selling for $199.99 at the two year discounted price with a new contract. I checked our database and there were no promotions listed for the Motorola Razr Maxx. Typically when there are special offers for customers, there is a letter that is sent out to the customers and usually, the customer will need to go to the store to take advantage of it. I would love to see any information that you can provide to us from the forums that actually shows a customer receiving any special offers on the Maxx with the Verizon Wireless letterhead. If you are able to provide any information, please send in an email as an attachment PDF file."

nikecar

Reaction score
When I got my inc2 I got them to price match samsclub pricing. That was $100 less then what VZW was selling it Msrp.

If you have a corporate rep, go through them.

It can be done. I just got a new rezound one yr into my original contract for free.

Sent from someplace, and with something that you need not worry about.

mysticalmalissa

Reaction score
I lucked out and got my Maxx free just for upgrading a line that had a 3G phone on it on the 23rd of May. No email sent to let me know about the promotion. I was actually calling in about my sons Droid X and they told me I was eligible for the promotion on one of my lines that wasnt due to upgrade until the fall. They said it ended on 5/31. They even waived the $30 activation free.

ndtaylor77

Reaction score
I received my Maxx for free. According to the rep from Verizon, it was because they are trying to get people off of 3g and onto 4g in my area. Keep in mind, 4g is not available where I live. Not only that, I was allowed a free accessory of my choosing.

ndtaylor77

Reaction score
My receipt

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120609_231404.png
    ForumRunner_20120609_231404.png
    119.1 KB · Views: 725

hazelgreen

Reaction score
Maxx for free? Wow, and here I thought I got a good deal at $99. I would try calling another rep....?

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Ugh, I wish I would have waited to purchase my Maxx. I have a vendor line and VZW changed the vendor line instead of getting a certain phone (thunderbolt or charge) for free and give it back if I leave the job, I could get ANY phone with a 1yr contract for the 2yr price minus $100.00 I paid $199 plus tax. I could use that extra $100 back! Lol

ndtaylor77

Reaction score
altjx said:
Wow lol. And how did you get it for this price? I got mine 3 weeks ago but very curious.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2.

I called Verizon because I was having trouble with my X2. They told me they had a special for people in my area that would allow them to upgrade early for free to a 4g phone to reduce the traffic on the 3g network. I chose the Maxx and like I said before I was also allowed to pick an accessory of my choice for free. I chose the Scosche fitness bundle (probably would have picked something better if I had more time to think about it). I'm still confused as to why because there is no 4g where I live and likely won't be for some time. I had to renew my contract but I was only 6 months in so it wasn't a big deal.

ndtaylor77

Reaction score
altjx said:
Its hard to read the top. Not sure if its the tapatalk app or just pic not high quality lol.

I was just trying to get the Verizon logo and the $0.00 in the pic.

altjx

Reaction score
I called Verizon because I was having trouble with my X2. They told me they had a special for people in my area that would allow them to upgrade early for free to a 4g phone to reduce the traffic on the 3g network. I chose the Maxx and like I said before I was also allowed to pick an accessory of my choice for free. I chose the Scosche fitness bundle (probably would have picked something better if I had more time to think about it). I'm still confused as to why because there is no 4g where I live and likely won't be for some time. I had to renew my contract but I was only 6 months in so it wasn't a big deal.

Ohh ok. Gotcha.