Cheapest razr maxx upgrade price?

mysticalmalissa

Reaction score
I have the maxx and i love it. Now my sister is wanting to upgrade her HTC incredible 2 to the Motorola droid RAZR maxx. Does anyone know the cheapest place online or in any store to get one? Help please we need a good deal. (I feel jipped because I paid 299 for mine :( or even possibly the cheapest price on a regular droid RAZR? Any help would be much appreciated!

I got my Maxx for free Friday just for upgrading a 3G line to 4G. My upgrade wasnt actually due until Nov. The rep said the offer was good until May 31st so I jumped on it!

OP
B

Brad91

Reaction score
We had asked that too! The rep said there's no way to get one for free that they would never be able to give one for free at this time under any circumstances! I am shocked that you got one for free and amazed Idk how you did it but I'm jealous!

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I think people are getting special or free deals on upgrading if they are upgrading a 3g phone to a 4g phone. If you have a 3g phone then I would call Verizon and ask what the possibilities are.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

OP
B

Brad91

Reaction score
I had went through multiple 3g droid x's refurbished crap they kept sending me and they kept breaking so they kept pushing me to upgrade early and spend even more money I didn't have when they couldn't even make it right in the first place so after a week of calls asking I finally agreed and spent 300 bucks on the maxx (which I love) but now I feel ripped off and used by Verizon I feel like they owe me as a consumer! For giving them my business and more money when they can't make it right! I just sent a hate email stating that I should get my money back for my maxx I'll see the response

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
This offer upgrading from 3g to a 4g phone at such a huge discount is very recent. Depending on when you got your Maxx, it could be possible to get a partial refund. If it was many months ago maybe not. It would involve calling and explaining your situation, asking to speak to a supervisor (because they are the only ones who can make that decision), being nice but honest and saying how upsetting it is hearing how people are able to her their Maxx's for free when you essentially would be in the same exact situation except that you happened to be having so many problems with your Droid 3, that forced you to make a change. You will get a lot more distance if you are polite.

My son was in a similar situation when he got his rezound. But we got that back in February. I actually wouldn't expect to get the current discount that they are offering now despite that we would be getting it for free if we were to make his upgrade now just because it was us who made that decision at that time because we were wanting the latest and greatest. If we had gotten his rezound a month ago though, then I might be asking them to give us the current deals.

thebeeobee

Reaction score
I know I'm off-topic, but I just started my second charge on my new Razr Maxx. The first one lasted 40 hours with about 5 hours of screen time. Glorious!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Awesome devices aren't they?

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! XPARENT BLUE!!!

toneyl

Reaction score
I just can't get a break $! I've been to two different Verizon stores, online chat 3x, talked to two reps on the phone. All of them say the Maxx is $199 and no breaks! They have not heard of this promo. I have the Droid OG. I just bought the MAXX from Costco and will received the phone on Wed. I'll also get the HD dock (which I can't use, no HD) and 2 cases (don't use cases) but I like the AC/DC all-in-one charger. I've been with Verizon since my first phone (early 90's) because they have the best service BUT I will never buy a phone from them again. Very disappointed.

EDIT: I'm mad right now but I know as soon as I get my MAXX, I'll be a happy girl!!! dancedroid And I still love my OG... it's battery is just too sad.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I wonder why some people with 3g devices are getting an awesome deal to upgrade to a 4g device and others are not. I wonder if it has anything to do with whether you live in a 4g area.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I wonder why some people with 3g devices are getting an awesome deal to upgrade to a 4g device and others are not. I wonder if it has anything to do with whether you live in a 4g area.

It might have something to do with living in a 4g area. Remember, they sent me a free maxx... no reason as to why. I asked several different times, and each person I asked, gave me a different answer.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
It might have something to do with living in a 4g area. Remember, they sent me a free maxx... no reason as to why. I asked several different times, and each person I asked, gave me a different answer.

And they upgraded me to a MAXX free with little effort on my part.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2 with Google voice to text translation. Please excuse any minor spelling, punctuation, capitalization or grammatical errors.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
If you're going to upgrade to a 4g device for double the data, you'd better do it soon. It ends June 3rd according to what I was just told.

Unlimited people, it won't affect, but just putting it out there.

This person is pretty reputable. But who knows how true this is. :screwy:

Papaw314

Reaction score
I got mine free when they sent me an email offering a 4g phone and an early upgrade and kept my unlimited data plan. I was at the store within hours before they could change their mind.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I got mine free when they sent me an email offering a 4g phone and an early upgrade and kept my unlimited data plan. I was at the store within hours before they could change their mind.

Rofl, that's how I felt!! I was thinking, hmm, I pay the nearly 500$ per month for 4 completely unlimited phones, and for once, they want to give me something??? I immediately said, since I'm calling to buy another maxx at full retail, I'll take a maxx and waited to hear the speech of "OK u pay this, and this" but all they did was have me agree to renewing a line to another 2 year agreement, the kicker was that the line was only 6 months into a contract as it was...