Cheapest razr maxx upgrade price?

Brad91

Reaction score
I have the maxx and i love it. Now my sister is wanting to upgrade her HTC incredible 2 to the Motorola droid RAZR maxx. Does anyone know the cheapest place online or in any store to get one? Help please we need a good deal. (I feel jipped because I paid 299 for mine :( or even possibly the cheapest price on a regular droid RAZR? Any help would be much appreciated!

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Try Costco. I ordered a phone on upgrade through them and they are great. And they often throw in a few accessories. They also don't require to keep the phone you buy on the specific line you upgrade to for 6 months. You can buy the phone on one line and switch it to another line the next day if you wanted to... unlike wirefly and Amazon.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Razr Maxx is $219.99 here at Costco and it should be shipped with the HD dock and a generic bonus accessory kit (2 leather cases, car charger, and 2 screen protectors). Verizon has a $40 bill credit this weekend too, but don't forget the $30 upgrade fee on your next bill.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
jackiescivic said:
Razr Maxx is $219.99 here at Costco and it should be shipped with the HD dock and a generic bonus accessory kit (2 leather cases, car charger, and 2 screen protectors). Verizon has a $40 bill credit this weekend too, but don't forget the $30 upgrade fee on your next bill.

That is actually a cool deal with the HD dock, Wow! Unless, of course they are $99 elsewhere. Unless that elsewhere is Amazon or wirefly. Amazon or wirefly is not bad if you know for certain you will not be switching the phone off that line for 6 months but if you do, they say they will smack you with a huge $189 fee.

OP
B

Brad91

Reaction score
I looked on Costco and it only says 199 and comes with a charger a leather case and 2 screen protectors. I don't like that deal unless it comes with the HD dock lol

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Brad91 said:
I looked on Costco and it only says 199 and comes with a charger a leather case and 2 screen protectors. I don't like that deal unless it comes with the HD dock lol

The $199 is for new lines of service, you have to click Upgrade to see the other price. The HD dock is a bonus accessory that you normally have to send in a mail in rebate to acquire (the Razr has a mail-in for the portable battery, HDMI cable, and HD dock). Because the Maxx is not available in store, I'm guessing that is why it is included automatically.

thebeeobee

Reaction score
I just paid $149 through Best Buy. I got them to match the Verizon $199 price and then I still had their $50 gift card upgrade waiting for me and used the gift card towards this phone.

IN ADDITION, until Monday, they are giving you a $40 credit on a future Verizon bill, so I couldn't pass this phone up.

Where is the best battery conditioning thread?

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Under Droid Discussions there is a section called smartphone battery discussions. You will find all the info you need on getting the most from your battery in there.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I just paid $149 through Best Buy. I got them to match the Verizon $199 price and then I still had their $50 gift card upgrade waiting for me and used the gift card towards this phone.

IN ADDITION, until Monday, they are giving you a $40 credit on a future Verizon bill, so I couldn't pass this phone up.

Where is the best battery conditioning thread?

Under Droid Discussions there is a section called smartphone battery discussions. You will find all the info you need on getting the most from your battery in there.

Thanks TMD for the plug. BOB, don't let the fact there is only a few threads there cause you confusion or despair, it's a brand new forum, but has the greatest minds on this site working to make it a shining gem. Ask away and I'm sure you'll get the best advice there is...I'll make sure of it! :D

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2 with Google voice to text translation. Please excuse any minor spelling, punctuation, capitalization or grammatical errors.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
FoxKat said:
Thanks TMD for the plug. BOB, don't let the fact there is only a few threads there cause you confusion or despair, it's a brand new forum, but has the greatest minds on this site working to make it a shining gem. Ask away and I'm sure you'll get the best advice there is...I'll make sure of it! :D

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2 with Google voice to text translation. Please excuse any minor spelling, punctuation, capitalization or grammatical errors.

It is so nice, so convenient and so much easier to be able to refer people to a very specific section to get this info. It felt great to say "head on over to the smartphone battery thread!" A great bunch of ppl over there with great information!

thebeeobee

Reaction score
I read that entire forum. Thank you so much. Great stuff.

One thing about my Razr Maxx, specifically - Thus far, the battery life is only showing in multiples of 10. Is that normal? It was at 100% until it dropped to 90%. Then 80%. Now it's been at 70% for about an hour. I'm looking under the Settings, Battery Information. Just checking if this is normal. Thanks again!

electricman58

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
"ROOTED" Droid Turbo
thebeeobee said:

One thing about my Razr Maxx, specifically - Thus far, the battery life is only showing in multiples of 10. Is that normal? It was at 100% until it dropped to 90%. Then 80%. Now it's been at 70% for about an hour. I'm looking under the Settings, Battery Information. Just checking if this is normal. Thanks again!

Yea that's normal stock, but you can get battery apps that read in 1% increments.
I really don't see the need for it myself!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
thebeeobee said:

A few apps that will show your battery in 1% increments are bada$$ battery monitor and battery monitor widget by 3c.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Another app I like to use is overheat... it monitors the heat and the battery in 1% increments.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2