Quite possibly THE BEST protection case for the MAXX

iSilentP

Reaction score
I just came across and bought the OtterBox Defender Series for the MAXX. Oh man, let me tell you. I feel as though there is no other case out in the market that offers the kind of protection this baby does. Other than having something sharp directly hit the glass this thing will protect the MAXX like no other I've seen. Pricey perhaps at $50, but I figure well worth it if it saves my a$$ even once. Kicker is I used my 25% corporate discount made the deal even sweeter. The only negative is how hard it is to remove the case if you ever have to.

If you have a MAXX and want to keep it looking like new for long time to come, you should seriously consider this.

RAZR MAXX Cases by Motorola - OtterBox Defender Series // OtterBox.com

Just thought I'd share...

envex

Reaction score
I absolutely agree with you, this case is a tank. That being said, how the hell do you even take case off? I've tried numerous times (unsuccessfully and nearly ripping my fingernails off). I'm dying to hold the Maxx in my hand without a case; I had Verizon put it on when I purchased it...

tbradp

Reaction score
Is a screen protector necessary with the Otterbox Defender?

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+

It kind of depends on what your preference is. I always use a screen protector with it. It does come with one built in but I typically remove it (which is easy to do) and use another one which I buy separate.

SGTSCHU

Reaction score
tbradp said:

It comes with a built in screen protector incorporated in the case.

Sent from my RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

OP
iSilentP

iSilentP

Reaction score

Caesars

Reaction score
I also put the zagg on my maxx with the defender, it's the best case/sp ive had. Just make sure to get as much of the glue off as you can before you put it on (don't use googone or anything like).

Welcome to the cool kids maxx/defender club!

OP
iSilentP

iSilentP

Reaction score
I got mine from Amazon for $25 no tax and free ship and it can't be beat

Sounds like you got a hell of a deal. I needed to get protection on mine as soon as I bought it, so it was at the Verizon Wireless store for $49.99. My price was 37.50+tax cause of 25% corporate discount. I'd say you did (very) well my friend. ;-)

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
JSM9872 said:
It kind of depends on what your preference is. I always use a screen protector with it. It does come with one built in but I typically remove it (which is easy to do) and use another one which I buy separate.

I'm with JSM9872. I use a protector under my defender as well.

I tried the zagg underneath of it once, not a good combination though, the zagg sticks the the defenders screen protector and makes it look like there's water in between the two. But yrmv

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

EDIT: I currently run a Verizon screen protector under it. Dust can get under the protector as can sand, and the sand can mess up the screen

Necrobater

Reaction score
99% isopropyl alcohol works wonders at getting tvhe old glue off... can be bought at meijera

OP
iSilentP

iSilentP

Reaction score
I was thinking of using the Zag in place of the Defender's screen protector. Thoughts?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
iSilentP said:
I was thinking of using the Zag in place of the Defender's screen protector. Thoughts?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Push the defenders screen protector out, and use something like alcohol to remove the adhesive from the top cover. If you don't remove the adhesive, it will get on the zagg and mess it up.

Also if you've never applied a zagg, its no big deal, just have clean non oily hands, wet your fingers with the spray, and wet the protector down well with the spray. Now the part I didn't like, spray the screen down pretty well, I was cautious around the speaker and microphone, but you shouldn't have to.

I was going to run the zagg under the defender cover, but it just flat out didn't look good.

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
I absolutely agree with you, this case is a tank. That being said, how the hell do you even take case off? I've tried numerous times (unsuccessfully and nearly ripping my fingernails off). I'm dying to hold the Maxx in my hand without a case; I had Verizon put it on when I purchased it...

Use the end of a paperclip to carefully push in the individual tabs/clips. Works like a charm!

KingTigerII

Reaction score
Does anyone know of an Otterbox impact Clone for the maxx?

I loved mine for the X as I use the car dock constantly and have to take the case off easily.

Also I'm a huge fan of the SGP screen protectors. Mine lasted 1 1/2 years before I decided to replace it.

Last edited: