What's new
DroidForums.net | Android Forum & News

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Quite possibly THE BEST protection case for the MAXX

iSilentP

New Member
I just came across and bought the OtterBox Defender Series for the MAXX. Oh man, let me tell you. I feel as though there is no other case out in the market that offers the kind of protection this baby does. Other than having something sharp directly hit the glass this thing will protect the MAXX like no other I've seen. Pricey perhaps at $50, but I figure well worth it if it saves my a$$ even once. Kicker is I used my 25% corporate discount made the deal even sweeter. The only negative is how hard it is to remove the case if you ever have to.

If you have a MAXX and want to keep it looking like new for long time to come, you should seriously consider this.

RAZR MAXX Cases by Motorola - OtterBox Defender Series // OtterBox.com

Just thought I'd share...
 
I absolutely agree with you, this case is a tank. That being said, how the hell do you even take case off? I've tried numerous times (unsuccessfully and nearly ripping my fingernails off). I'm dying to hold the Maxx in my hand without a case; I had Verizon put it on when I purchased it...
 
Is a screen protector necessary with the Otterbox Defender?

It kind of depends on what your preference is. I always use a screen protector with it. It does come with one built in but I typically remove it (which is easy to do) and use another one which I buy separate.
 
I also put the zagg on my maxx with the defender, it's the best case/sp ive had. Just make sure to get as much of the glue off as you can before you put it on (don't use googone or anything like).

Welcome to the cool kids maxx/defender club!
 
I got mine from Amazon for $25 no tax and free ship and it can't be beat

Sounds like you got a hell of a deal. I needed to get protection on mine as soon as I bought it, so it was at the Verizon Wireless store for $49.99. My price was 37.50+tax cause of 25% corporate discount. I'd say you did (very) well my friend. ;-)
 
JSM9872 said:
It kind of depends on what your preference is. I always use a screen protector with it. It does come with one built in but I typically remove it (which is easy to do) and use another one which I buy separate.

I'm with JSM9872. I use a protector under my defender as well.

I tried the zagg underneath of it once, not a good combination though, the zagg sticks the the defenders screen protector and makes it look like there's water in between the two. But yrmv

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

EDIT: I currently run a Verizon screen protector under it. Dust can get under the protector as can sand, and the sand can mess up the screen
 
I was thinking of using the Zag in place of the Defender's screen protector. Thoughts?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
 
iSilentP said:
I was thinking of using the Zag in place of the Defender's screen protector. Thoughts?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Push the defenders screen protector out, and use something like alcohol to remove the adhesive from the top cover. If you don't remove the adhesive, it will get on the zagg and mess it up.

Also if you've never applied a zagg, its no big deal, just have clean non oily hands, wet your fingers with the spray, and wet the protector down well with the spray. Now the part I didn't like, spray the screen down pretty well, I was cautious around the speaker and microphone, but you shouldn't have to.

I was going to run the zagg under the defender cover, but it just flat out didn't look good.

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!
 
I absolutely agree with you, this case is a tank. That being said, how the hell do you even take case off? I've tried numerous times (unsuccessfully and nearly ripping my fingernails off). I'm dying to hold the Maxx in my hand without a case; I had Verizon put it on when I purchased it...

Use the end of a paperclip to carefully push in the individual tabs/clips. Works like a charm!
 
Does anyone know of an Otterbox impact Clone for the maxx?

I loved mine for the X as I use the car dock constantly and have to take the case off easily.

Also I'm a huge fan of the SGP screen protectors. Mine lasted 1 1/2 years before I decided to replace it.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top