RAZR from Costco, can I trade for maxx

JOSHSKORN

Reaction score
Can someone post a link or information as soon as they can confirm the MAXX is at Costco? I have not seen a link, yet and I'm not crazy about just going into the store, blindly.

Just speculation, but I'm wondering if they're waiting until after their current DROID RAZR promotion to end, which goes through January 29. Maybe they'll wait until January 30 or after to stock the MAXX? I hope not. I want it sooner than that.

On a related note, I noticed Costco has stocked the DROID RAZR White, which was said to be released the same day as the DROID RAZR MAXX.

Last edited:

Lars

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Can someone post a link or information as soon as they can confirm the MAXX is at Costco? I have not seen a link, yet and I'm not crazy about just going into the store, blindly.

Just speculation, but I'm wondering if they're waiting until after their current DROID RAZR promotion to end, which goes through January 29. Maybe they'll wait until January 30 or after to stock the MAXX? I hope not. I want it sooner than that.

On a related note, I noticed Costco has stocked the DROID RAZR White, which was said to be released the same day as the DROID RAZR MAXX.

When I called this morning, the kiosk manager had no idea what I was talking about when I asked about the "Droid Razr Maxx." I had to further explain that it was the Razr with an extended battery. While I don't have much faith in his knowledge, he did say that they tend to get most new devices within 2 weeks of their Verizon release.

I agree with your thought that they will likely wait until the Razr promotion ends, but I am also a little concerned they might wait a couple more weeks so that those of us who purchased the Razr near the release date can't make the switch. No matter what, I will be happy, but I would like the option to switch to the Maxx.

JOSHSKORN

Reaction score
When I called this morning, the kiosk manager had no idea what I was talking about when I asked about the "Droid Razr Maxx."
Typical...they don't know anything.
I agree with your thought that they will likely wait until the Razr promotion ends, but I am also a little concerned they might wait a couple more weeks so that those of us who purchased the Razr near the release date can't make the switch.
So "Upgrade" to the DROID RAZR White (or DROID NEXUS), and THEN "Upgrade" to the DROID RAZR MAXX. Can you do that? I know it's taking a chance, and assuming Costco WILL at some point carry the DROID RAZR MAXX.

hoppyjr

Reaction score
I called two different Seattle area Costco wireless locations and neither had the Maxx. In fact, neither had even heard off it yet....

mshardee

Reaction score
I went by Costco and they said they where not carrying the maxx. They had the razar and where giving a free backup battery to help with battery problem.

msblueline

Reaction score
I went by one of our authorized dealers the other day and they said that they did not sell enough Razr's to qualify in getting any Razr Maxx's right now. It's possible some of the stores will not get any Razr Maxx's.

Even the Verizon store in the mall did not get any Maxx's at their location.

msblueline

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using DroidForums

Fonzz

Reaction score
I went by Costco and they said they where not carrying the maxx. They had the razar and where giving a free backup battery to help with battery problem.

What kind of battery is a "backup battery" for the Razar? Is it something external that you plug into the charging port? I've read the Razar does not have a removable battery...

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
"OG or OG Droid - Original Generation Droid Milestone
ODR - Original Droid RAZR
DRM- Droid RAZR MAX
GNex - Galaxy Nexus"

PCIBAV - Pat.....can I buy a vowel? :)

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

theunknown

Reaction score
I do happen to work for the Costco wireless kiosks (Wireless Advocates) and will give you the official word. Do NOT contact me for favors, my private contact info, my location, internal info on launches, or anything related to my job (you won't ever get a damn thing, unless you want to pay a LOT of money to put my job at risk,) but I will tell you that you have 14 days to "exchange" the device for an alternate device per VZW policy and WA policy (the company that owns the kiosks.) The reason you can't exchange after 14 days is that VZW doesn't adjust the amount of the activation/upgrade rebate paid on the initial device after 14 days. This means the exchange can actually cause WA a loss beyond the equipment/phone loss already suffered with a returned device. The kiosk manager also takes a hit on the "fake money/profit" metric that's used to calculate his/her commission, so believe me that you will not make any friends exchanging multiple devices, they will see every phone returned or exchanged, and you may be limited on exchanges. While Costco doesn't charge restocking fees like most major carrier corp stores are doing now, they do have the ability to suspend your return privileges in cell phones on your membership. We have had the Costco Warehouse Manager suspend numerous member's phone return privileges when they try to test out the entire product lineup in 14 days.

JOSHSKORN

Reaction score
I do happen to work for the Costco wireless kiosks (Wireless Advocates) and will give you the official word.
So tell me what you mean by this. Are you saying that you will let us know when (if, at all) the Droid RAZR MAXX will be available at Costco, on the actual day it becomes available, and not before? If so, that works for me.

I need to go to Costco, tomorrow, anyway. If I find out anything relevant, I'll post back.

MaXGTS

Reaction score
I do happen to work for the Costco wireless kiosks (Wireless Advocates) and will give you the official word. Do NOT contact me for favors, my private contact info, my location, internal info on launches, or anything related to my job (you won't ever get a damn thing, unless you want to pay a LOT of money to put my job at risk,)

Nice attitude. What makes you think anyone would want to contact you? You're just a kiosk employee. I could see you making this kind of statement if you actually had a job worth keeping such as a district manager. Come off that high horse. It's not yours to sit on.

JOSHSKORN

Reaction score
I just came back from Costco. I can confirm that as of TODAY, February 1, 2012, that Costco DOES NOT have the Droid RAZR MAXX. The person working the kiosk also mentioned that he is never informed as to when things, if at all, are coming out. Whether or not this is what they are told to say, I don't know. I also mentioned the price which I found for the MAXX on Amazon, and his jaw dropped. He told me to go for it.

My only concern is, I read about the DROID Journal, today. This is the Verizon Wireless version of AT&T's Galaxy Note, that will be released later this month. It has a little bit faster processor than the DROID RAZR (or MAXX) at MHz and a physical size of 5.3", vs the Droid RAZR/MAXX at 4.3". Width, I don't know for sure. The battery will be at 2500 mAh, vs the DROID RAZR's at 3300 mAh. Both (will) have Android 2.3.5 at launch, and most likely have an OTA ICS update at some point. It's a tough decision for me. On one hand, I do want a bigger batter, on the other hand, I want a bigger phone because it'd be easier for me to use, which I'm thinking will carry more weight in my decision, anyway. Also, the RAZR is by Motorola, the Journal is by Samsung.

equake

Reaction score
I just came back from Costco. I can confirm that as of TODAY, February 1, 2012, that Costco DOES NOT have the Droid RAZR MAXX. The person working the kiosk also mentioned that he is never informed as to when things, if at all, are coming out. Whether or not this is what they are told to say, I don't know. I also mentioned the price which I found for the MAXX on Amazon, and his jaw dropped. He told me to go for it.

My only concern is, I read about the DROID Journal, today. This is the Verizon Wireless version of AT&T's Galaxy Note, that will be released later this month. It has a little bit faster processor than the DROID RAZR (or MAXX) at MHz and a physical size of 5.3", vs the Droid RAZR/MAXX at 4.3". Width, I don't know for sure. The battery will be at 2500 mAh, vs the DROID RAZR's at 3300 mAh. Both (will) have Android 2.3.5 at launch, and most likely have an OTA ICS update at some point. It's a tough decision for me. On one hand, I do want a bigger batter, on the other hand, I want a bigger phone because it'd be easier for me to use, which I'm thinking will carry more weight in my decision, anyway. Also, the RAZR is by Motorola, the Journal is by Samsung.

The Note is quite different from the RAZR and is more similar to the GNex in that it is built by Samsung and has a SAMOLED HD display with a 720p resolution. Its also powered by an Exynos SoC which is more powerful than the RAZR SoC though Samsung may change SoCs when it arrives here in the US.

MaXGTS

Reaction score
There is no known CDMA/LTE version of the Samsung Galaxy Note. Don't know how they would make it available on Verizon any time soon. The Droid Razr Maxx is almost too big to operate completely with one hand, especially when texting. At least for me. The Galaxy Note would definitely require both hands most of the time. Don't know if I want that.