RAZR from Costco, can I trade for maxx

njs502

Reaction score
I purchased my unit in the store and exchanged it in the store.

I asked about exchanging it for a unit online after I purchased it in the store. Rep said that the online store and in-store wireless advocate are separate.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
what doez odr mean. also did you guys buy online

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OG or OG Droid - Original Generation Droid Milestone
ODR - Original Droid RAZR
DRM- Droid RAZR MAX
GNex - Galaxy Nexus

jburd26

Reaction score
As long as you are less than 90 days you're good!

I purchased an LG Ally from Costco, in early July 2010 - crap phone - so I waited for the Droid X - I think August 12 or 15th. I was first in line when Costco opened, went to the kiosk 1st, told them it was junk and I returned with no issues. If the Razr is that bad with battery they shouldn't question it. I too hope that Costco gets the Razr Maxx, because I'm upgrade eligible in Feb. Also, in case you didn't know, you ONLY pay taxes on the dollar amount e.g. $299.99 and NOT the RETAIL amount like you do in the verizon company stores. plus you get a case and car charger (case is junk)....just my two cents and crossing my fingers like everyone else

red22769

Reaction score
I just bought my Razr at Costco last Sunday. When is the Maxx supposed to be out? I will definitely try and swap mine out for the Maxx if it is within the next 80+ days! Thanks for the info!

msblueline

Reaction score
I just bought my Razr at Costco last Sunday. When is the Maxx supposed to be out? I will definitely try and swap mine out for the Maxx if it is within the next 80+ days! Thanks for the info!

The Droid Razr Maxx will be released tomorrow... 1/26/12 or January 26, 2012 (which ever is better for those reading this).

I am STOKED and cannot wait.

msblueline

67maroboi

Reaction score
Well I'm going in tmrw to try and trade mine in. We'll see what happens!

MaXGTS

Reaction score
Just got back from my local Costco. They didn't have the Maxx. Anyone spotted it at their local Costco today?

Last edited:

Lars

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I'm starting to consider swapping my Razr for the Maxx. I really have no issues with the Razr, but if the Maxx doesn't feel too much thicker, there is clearly no drawback to an extended battery. I haven't been following news on the Maxx much, but is there any other benefit? More memory? Storage? I have 15 more days until I am beyond the exchange period (Razr purchased on 11/12) so hopefully Costco will have it available. Also, what happens with my bundle items if I exchange the Razr? I imagine everything will be compatible (HD Dock might not fit), so do I just keep it?

JOSHSKORN

Reaction score
but is there any other benefit?
From what I understand, just a better battery, which adds to the thickness of the phone. I'm wondering if it's thick enough to label existing DROID RAZR accessories useless, thus if you need to buy new DROID RAZR MAXX accessories.

I'm probably going to purchase this phone, as soon as it's available from Costco.

msblueline

Reaction score
From what I understand, just a better battery, which adds to the thickness of the phone. I'm wondering if it's thick enough to label existing DROID RAZR accessories useless, thus if you need to buy new DROID RAZR MAXX accessories.

I'm probably going to purchase this phone, as soon as it's available from Costco.

It does. You will have to purchase new accessories for the Droid Razr Maxx. The DRM will not fit in the ODR because the hump around the camera is not on the DRM. All the cases for the ODR are useless with the DRM.

msblueline

Reaction score
The maxx is way thicker i held it 4 days before launch and i was like damn i don't like this thickness

Lars

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
To follow up on my previous post - I think after watching the Razr Maxx Unboxing, I am definitely switching because they difference is very subtle and the extended battery would be nice. However, I am a little concerned about Costco allowing me to make the exchange. It sounds like some people are lucky with who they talk to because I just called and spoke to the Kiosk Manager and he said the policy is not to allow someone to switch to a new device within 90 days. He explained that the 14 day policy applies to exchanges for a different device as per Verizon's policy, and the 90 day policy is for exchanges stemming from a defect and requires that you get a replacement device. They don't want people abusing the policy and getting a new phone every 90 days. All that said, he did tell me that if they do get the Maxx, I could talk with him and he might be able to help me out.

Bottom Line: They might be required to tell us that the 90 Day Policy is only for direct exchanges, but they will likely work with you if you are honest, up front, and not abusing the system.