RAZR from Costco, can I trade for maxx

unholydoragon

Reaction score
I got my razr from Costco online around thanksgiving. Can i swap it for Max when it comes out?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

skyshadow

Reaction score
Costco return policy is 90 days so I'm going to say maybe depending on when the razor Max drops

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

pinoy_92

Reaction score
im not sure but i think theres a fee for switching phone while your still in a contract.

Lars

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
It depends on who you talk to, and when the Maxx drops (as mentioned above). When I purchased my Razr, I fully intended on exchanging it for the Nexus, so I spent some time talking with the Costco (kiosk) employee about the policy. He basically explained that it was a 90 Day "Exchange for the Same Device" Policy, and not designed to allow people to swap phones (essentially a warranty). However, he also completely understood my intentions and was understanding, so he provided me with his personal number so that any exchange I made would be dealt with by him. He said that his manager would likely not understand, or approve the "exchange." Also, there should not be any fee to make the switch; it's part of the benefit of buying through Costco and not Verizon.

If you do want to exchange, and it is within 90 days, I would just talk to someone at the kiosk and explain what you want. If they say no, you can try coming back another day and talking with another employee. Worst case scenario, nobody will let you make the switch and you are "stuck" with an awesome device!

njs502

Reaction score
I bought a Razr around Thanksgiving from Costco store. I returned it for a Nexus 2 days ago. No problem. Same price as original Razr price at 289.99$ so even trade. No extra charge.

If I want, I can exchange for Razr Maxx if it gets released and I exchange it before my 90 days from the original purchase price.

OP
U

unholydoragon

Reaction score
Was this in store or online?

dan j

Reaction score
Weird, I talked to the local Costco guy here in and he told me that I would only have 14 days to return a phone. He said that going past 14 days I could still exchange it, but that there was no discount on the new phone. Basically I could return it after 14 days, but what's the point if I have to buy a new phone at retail?????

Any help on this?

busab

Reaction score
Can you buy phones at full retail price at Costco or do you have to be on contract?

Sent from my Droid Razr using yo moma.

OP
U

unholydoragon

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure they also sell at non contract price, but I'm looking to exchange for the contract price maxx

njs502

Reaction score
I exchanged it. I originally paid $289.99+tax for Motorola Droid Razr. I brought back my RAZR 2 months later. They had me return the phone at customer service. I then paid $289.99 for the Galaxy Nexus. I DID NOT pay full retail for the new Nexus. That's my experience. I have no idea what is happening at your Costco.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I exchanged it. I originally paid $289.99+tax for Motorola Droid Razr. I brought back my RAZR 2 months later. They had me return the phone at customer service. I then paid $289.99 for the Galaxy Nexus. I DID NOT pay full retail for the new Nexus. That's my experience. I have no idea what is happening at your Costco.

This makes sense only if you activated a line through them with the ODR and kept that line and only exchanged the phone to the GNex. The reason is they get the same rebate from Verizon for either phone so to them it's a wash.

njs502

Reaction score
This makes sense only if you activated a line through them with the ODR and kept that line and only exchanged the phone to the GNex. The reason is they get the same rebate from Verizon for either phone so to them it's a wash.

Yes. I used my upgrade to purchase the original RAZR, and kept the same line and exchanged it for a new nexus 2 months later.

OP
U

unholydoragon

Reaction score
what doez odr mean. also did you guys buy online