[RECOVERY] Razr Bootstrap Recovery *updated 2/8/12

Nitroglycerine33

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
This is an unofficial bootstrap recovery for the Droid Razr. It is based off of Koush/CVPCS bootstrap for the Droid Bionic and modified for the Razr.

Flash zips at your own risk! Enjoy! Updated on 2/8/12 to fix backup and restore features as well as adding support for internal and external sd cards.

Download: http://eclipserom.com/mods/click.php?id=64

Steps to use bootstrap:
1. Install the RazrBootstrap.apk
2. Select "Bootstrap Recovery"
3. Superuser will prompt for permissions
4. Select "Reboot Recovery"

When the phone reboots it will boot up into Clockworkmod Recovery.

Last edited:

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Glad to see the beginning stages of development for this thin beast from motorola, it's only the start :nerd:

Stevessvt

Reaction score
I made a back up using this, and I started getting some force closes, so I went to restore my back up, and got an md5 sum error. Luckly I only did a factory reset, and not the format /system I usually do.

grossdm

Reaction score
Is there a way to sign up for a notification for the release version or other updates?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

jays91ls

Reaction score
Is there a way to sign up for a notification for the release version or other updates?

i think if you register your phone on motorola.com there is an option to get emails when updates are released , I've always found it quicker to just google it once a week to check for updates

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score

If you mark this as installed you will get email updates when the thread is updated

grossdm

Reaction score
Thanks, tp.
Do you expect the final/release version to be an update of this one? I thought it might be released by Koush.

frankyvee

Reaction score
I would recommend the Safestrap Recovery instead. It seems to be a better safety net for us ROMMERS because of the two separate partitions you will always be able to boot into your original ROM.

mkemvp32

Reaction score
I would recommend the Safestrap Recovery instead. It seems to be a better safety net for us ROMMERS because of the two separate partitions you will always be able to boot into your original ROM.

Where can I get the Safestrap recovery? Is it best to wait till a more stable version is released?

OP
Nitroglycerine33

Nitroglycerine33

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Updated with version 2.0. Fixed backup/restore errors and added internal and external sdcard support.

Einsteindks

Reaction score
May-hay-hay-hay-jor sweetness!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Einsteindks

Reaction score
Maybe not so sweet...a restore system only AND restorefrom backup errored during restore, it failed both times. Md5 sum ok, but not later. Had to flash back to 744, take OTA, then install 176. I integrate updates into ROM via TiBu to save space, and OTA doesn't like the 'modified' files, so I was unsuccessfully trying to put the clean, post-OTA back on to installthe leaked 176. Anyone any clue why restore error with BS???

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Having some difficulty. RazrBootstrapper used to work on earlier 2.3.5, but now when I install and choose Bootstrap Recovery it doesn't boot into bootstrapper every time like it used to and like CWM used to. The only time it will boot into recovery is when I select Reboot Recovery.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled. Root is fine, so I don't know why it won't work. Any help here? :frown: