Is this [HOW TO] remove RAZR Bootstrap custom recovery?

OP
J

JaBr1884

Reaction score
You can get into the android recovery, right? Not sure how to recover from this to be honest, but on the first page of this post, someone else ran into problems and seems to have come out of it. You may want to send him a PM and see if he can tell you what he did. I believe if you have android sdk installed and adb, you can push the stock files back onto your phone and set permissions which I think would fix the bootlooping.

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Modding your phone without stock files is always very risky. Its like walking a tight rope 10 stories high without a safety net. Everything is done at your own risk.

If you can access a nandroid just restore it. Not sure what to press to select on the razr, its probably the power button though and use the volume buttons to toggle up and down.

thelastbill

Reaction score
Modding your phone without stock files is always very risky. Its like walking a tight rope 10 stories high without a safety net. Everything is done at your own risk.

If you can access a nandroid just restore it. Not sure what to press to select on the razr, its probably the power button though and use the volume buttons to toggle up and down.

well, I followed the instructions to the letter.....and it bricked the phone.....this link should be shut down until the procedure is thoroughly tested. I learned the lesson....im not going to try anything without alot of research and making sure it is stable and safe.

Oh....and its not like walking a tight rope....this is a phone, not life and death...I think developers of these hacks hide alil bit too much behind "do at your own risk" This forum is great to help ppl and unlock what these devices can do. However, I think we can put a label on the thread that states the procedure is confirmed and tested and stable.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
well, I followed the instructions to the letter.....and it bricked the phone.....this link should be shut down until the procedure is thoroughly tested. I learned the lesson....im not going to try anything without alot of research and making sure it is stable and safe.

Oh....and its not like walking a tight rope....this is a phone, not life and death...I think developers of these hacks hide alil bit too much behind "do at your own risk" This forum is great to help ppl and unlock what these devices can do. However, I think we can put a label on the thread that states the procedure is confirmed and tested and stable.

This is the same hijack that has been done on the D3 and the Bionic. The systems are very similar so that is why this was posted. I'm sorry that you've run into trouble.
If you deleted and renamed logwrapper file you shouldn't be booting into clockwork and see the nandroid backup, as in stock recovery, there is no backup option.
I'd like to help where I can here!

Sent from my rooted, ROM'd, and Safestrapped XT862

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Like guidot said, this is a near identical hijack for all Motorola phones dating back tto the DX. Deleteing the hijack will remove clockworkmod, so if it's still appearing then something was not done correctly. If you still need help with it then feel free to post.

thelastbill

Reaction score
Like guidot said, this is a near identical hijack for all Motorola phones dating back tto the DX. Deleteing the hijack will remove clockworkmod, so if it's still appearing then something was not done correctly. If you still need help with it then feel free to post.

I am over 30 yrs old, decorated military veteran, very above avg IQ. I followed the instructions as they were written.

My replacement phone is up and running. Im not going to trust more of these posts and procedure without more research and other rooters feedback.

Thanks for the replies and PM's.

Einsteindks

Reaction score
I can vouch for the named technique to work on the DX. I haven't tried it on my Razr, rather I simply flashed the CWM on Boot over top of it. Saved my @as a few times! I had to flash a stock Rom to get the update, but did nothing about the on-boot mod. Update went through perfectly, AND still had on-boot. Did have to reroot, though.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums