Raging Thunder Now Works on Droid!

DJTURNz

Reaction score
Awesome. I will be downloading it tonight. VZW never developed any touch screen games for the Voyager, but one game that kept me entertained for a long time was Need For Speed (I forget which one). I assume that Raging Thunder is a pure racing game. I'd also like to see something like NFS with bumping off police cars, causing damage, and get away driving.

This does look good though, and promising. I amy buy the full version, even if I don't like it. Just so other developers will be enticed to follow suit.

Purist

Reaction score
That's so funny because I was a former VZW customer as well, and that NFS title (I believe it was NFS Underground) was the best thing that ever hit my Razr Phone at the time. It was a choppy mess, but it had cops, jumps, and it was in freaking 3D man!! Haha! So I played it whenever I had a few minutes to kill.

The full version of Raging Thunder looks to have about 9 tracks. You'll get some pretty nice jumps and ramps, plus there are money icons to purchase car performance upgrades. Boosting and ramming helps a lot.

This game completely raises the bar for the platform. I'm a big fan of HydroThunder so I'm looking forward to WaveBlazer as well. Go, Polarbit!!

wb_screenshot0.png

solar

Reaction score
Polarbit seems to have the best looking games on Android right now. I tried the demo for Toon Wars on my Droid, and while the control needed more schemes to choose from, such as keyboard support, multitouch, etc, it wasn't too bad. The graphics and framerate were awesome! Its companies like this that give me hope for gaming on android. There seems to be so few good games. I'll have to thy raging thunder. I also want to try Iron Sight. Anyone tried it?

krazykid6911

Reaction score
I cannot find this game in the market. I am Running 2.1 and i know we cannot see some things in the market. Can anyone else with 2.1 try and confirm this? And if we cannot see it in the market, Anyone care to post the .apk file for the demo or show me where i can find it?

solar

Reaction score
Krazy, do a market search for polarbit, all their games will come up.

Oh yea, and I do have 2.1 on the Droid and it comes up...

Anomander

Reaction score
I liked how responsive the game was when turning. I do think I will pick this one up, but the problem I am going to have now is my son is going to want to play it:) It's a good thing this is my phone!

krazykid6911

Reaction score
Krazy, do a market search for polarbit, all their games will come up.

Oh yea, and I do have 2.1 on the Droid and it comes up...

Well i have 2.1 and when i type polarbit i only find 1 game.... It finds Iron Sight

solar

Reaction score
which game? a polarbit game? if it is, click on "view other applications". It should show everything they have....

krazykid6911

Reaction score

solar

Reaction score
Weird, I wonder why I can see then without a problem then. I've had the 2.1 for a while. I didn't notice these games on the market until the other day though, and I search almost daily.

krazykid6911

Reaction score
Weird, I wonder why I can see then without a problem then. I've had the 2.1 for a while. I didn't notice these games on the market until the other day though, and I search almost daily.

Are you sure your running the leaked 2.1 and not the 2.0.1 Update?

solar

Reaction score
You are right, it isn't the leaked one. It is the official 2.0.1. I failed ot notice there was a difference. This is first android device, so i'm still learning! Just out of curiosity, when was the leaked one released? and how did you otain it?

solar

Reaction score
Oooh. Interesting. I guess this is a full on incremental update as opposed to the official 2.0.1 step update. Is this something tat will become an official update or will I have to do it this way if I want to try it too. Any issues, beside this one of course, lol. Maybe there is a thread that will already answer these question. Thanks for the info!

krazykid6911

Reaction score
Keyboard backlight not working and this is going to be supposedly released on January 11th. That thread list the issues that currently Exist.

There is a fix for the backlight issue and Market issue, but i cant get em working, requires command line scripts and busy box and adb and terminal yada yada aka i dont know how to do it :) First droid here too