Radio Hybrid - 4.0.3 LTE / 4.0.2 CDMA

JoelWRX

Reaction score
I found this over at XDA. It has helped me greatly. I live in an area where 4G isn't that strong. The 4.0.3 radios improved my 4G signal but hurt my 3G signal. Also, hand offs between 4G/3G were bad. The CDMA radio on 4.0.2 was better so this file creates a hybrid of the improves 4.0.3 radios and better hand offs between 4G/3G.

Instructions for install:

1. Download file below move to SDCARD and boot into CWMR.
2. Flash this file: http://db.tt/8OTJeaKA
3. Reboot your phone, if it has trouble finding a signal on first reboot then simply reboot it one more time and you'll be able to connect.
4. Enjoy the improvements.
5. To go back to your stock radio go http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1403133

Last edited:

Riley

Reaction score
Interesting.. Being a flashoholic in my OG Droid.... I haven't unlocked or rooted my GN but this might put me over the edge.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

creaky

Reaction score
I found this over at XDA. It has helped me greatly. I live in an area where 4G isn't that strong. The 4.0.3 radios improved my 4G signal but hurt my 3G signal. Also, hand offs between 4G/3G were bad. The CDMA radio on 4.0.2 was better so this file creates a hybrid of the improves 4.0.3 radios and better hand offs between 4G/3G.

1. Nandroid (in case you want to go back)
3. Reboot your phone, if it has trouble finding a signal on first reboot then simply reboot it one more time and you'll be able to connect.

I don't think a nandroid will restore your old radio. Keep the original radio zip on your phone so you can flash it if you want to go back to the original radio.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

creaky

Reaction score
I don't think nandroids will restore radios. Keep a zip of the original radio files on your phone to flash if you want to revert.

OP
J

JoelWRX

Reaction score
I don't think nandroids will restore radios. Keep a zip of the original radio files on your phone to flash if you want to revert.

You are absolutely correct. Thanks for pointing that out. OP updated

creaky

Reaction score

1. Download file below move to SDCARD and boot into CWMR.
5. To go back to your stock radio go New Leaked Radios CDMA, LTE & Bootloader - xda-developers

Oops - see you beat me to it!

meaker

Reaction score
How do I keep the original radio zip file on my phone.
And what is the hybrid radio?

meaker

Reaction score
Also where do I look in my phone to see what radio I'm on? Where does it show the radios mn

creaky

Reaction score
How do I keep the original radio zip file on my phone.
And what is the hybrid radio?

Download the 4.0.2 radio zip from the link above and keep it on your SD card. This is the stock radio that came with your phone. If for some reason another radio is not working, just boot into recovery and flash the 4.0.2 radio zip.

There is a leaked version of the 4.0.3 radio that is also in the link above. Some have reported improved reception with that radio.

The hybrid radio is a mix of a CDMA and LTE radio from the 4.0.2 and 4.0.3 packages. Some have reported improved performance in the "handoff" between 3G (CDMA) and 4G (LTE) when moving between areas that have those signals available.

You can see what kind of radio you have by looking in settings>about phone>baseband. The first set of numbers before the slash is the CDMA radio (V.EK05 on 4.0.2) and the numbers after the slash are the LTE radio (EK02 on 4.0.2). Take a look here [http://www.theidoctor.org/2012/01/galaxy-nexus-leaked-radios/] for all the radios and baseband versions.

Last edited:

bsmith0731

Reaction score
These files should have no problem being downloaded from a Mac?

My 3g radio is Horrible!! Getting horrible speeds on wifi tether when running on it where 4g is great.

Running last download of codename..