[DOWNLOAD] New CDMA/LTE Radios for the Galaxy Nexus

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The update that vzw and samsung will put out will not improve the number of bars you get because what you are getting may be accurate for a true lte device. I believe the fix is more geared toward it staying consistent. In other words so you wont just drop from lte to 1x out of nowhere. Which it looks as if this leak did not really fix. Being i lost signal completely trying to send this.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Art Vandelay

Reaction score
Yeah I am not sure what the problem is. The signal on this thing sucks. Forget about bars and dbm, my D1 had better 3g than the Nexus regardless of what the bars were showing. Add in the fact that I had a dropped call and I lose data all together and have to toggle airplane mode to get it back, it seems like it might be hardware related.

donha

Reaction score
Don't have lte to test, but cmda throughput is way better. Signal strength is unchanged

captdroid

Reaction score
Don't have lte to test, but cmda throughput is way better. Signal strength is unchanged

Yup same here... and I have tested 4g speeds going into areas that have it... seems to work well and fast even inside buildings.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score

how can you tell?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Art Vandelay

Reaction score

Compared to what? Are you talking about old radio vs this new radio, or are you talking about your old phone to the nexus? I find it very hard to believe you know its way better only after a couple hours of use at most

donha

Reaction score
Just by doing a series of download speed tests before and after flashing. 400 - 600k before, 700 - 1100k after. Maybe not way better where you are, but way better here.... Pretty wimpy coverage where I live.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Haven't had an signal issues here, except for one location which I always have trouble. Maybe I'll flash later tonight, though since it doesn't increase reception and just makes it more consistent I don't see much benefit for myself. Hope it improves for the rest of you!

soulshot96

Reaction score
I figured that there was nothing wrong with the signal, that article really cleared things up for me. Its amazing to think that the nexus is one of the only lte devices that accurately displays signal strength in bars. You guys had me scared for a moment, makes me feel alot better about getting one.

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Does this help connect to 4g faster?

Running Android Revolution and it takes a good 2-3 minutes to connect to 4g. Just restarted twice now cause I couldn't even connect the first time within 5 minutes. Took about 30 seconds to connect to 4g second time though:frown:

I get -85dBm and 55 asu

edit: had 4g for a minute and now it's gone. I was on youtube before I decided to restart and I had to keep buffering. Problem with Verizon LTE again?

Last edited:

kronusx12

Reaction score
Yes.... Verizons having another damn data outage, at least thats what rootzwiki is reporting

9wire

Reaction score
Testing this today, I use my phone to make calls at work. Wish the bluetooth was better.

Spydaz

Reaction score
4G Is down across the nation, WTF come on VZW!! If you cant get the service right then dont release a million 4G phones until the 4G is completely finished and working correctly!