[DOWNLOAD] New CDMA/LTE Radios for the Galaxy Nexus

thedead04

Reaction score
I flashed this on stock 4.0.2, would there be any problems flashing a 4.0.3 rom now, either gummy or bugless?

bmr7c

Reaction score
So what happens if I flash this then verizon sends an ota for the signal issue? Or are they not sending one? Also the main signal issues I see is when I'm inside buildings. Compared the signal to my buddies charge and droid x and mine was worse than both. And yes we were comparing db not bars.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Smokie

Reaction score
so is there any point to flashing this radio update? so far no one seems to report anything positive as far as 4g goes..

bdtedder

Reaction score
I have not noticed any difference since updating radios. Ready for something to help signal performance. Very frustrating.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

captdroid

Reaction score
Just flashed the leaked radio update because I am impatient :) No real problems with signal but decided to give them a try and see how they work.

1. Switching between WiFi and 3g is much much faster. I don't have 4g where I live but suspect the same holds true switching between Wifi/3g/4g based on what I have read here: New Leaked Radios CDMA, LTE & Bootloader - xda-developers

2. My 3g signal seems to lock in way faster and better when switching 3g on and off.

So far the leaked radios definitely appear to be an improvement for sure in particular switching between networks! And when I get two bars (usually one where I live same as my D1) the phone now seems to hold the two bar 93dBm signal longer.

I did need to forget my Wifi network and then reconnect to get full bandwidth from my Wifi router. Somehow the phone Wifi connection went into a different Wifi mode after flashing the radios. No problem though after forgetting and reconnecting to my Wifi router.

Last edited:

DeWitt

Reaction score
Only one day in put pretty happy so far. I was having issues with walking into a weak signal area in my building and having it stay on 3G for quite a while afterward. Now it seems to switch back right away. More importantly my download speed according to speedtest is almost doubled. Download went from mid 6 to 12.2 Mbps