No 3g in cdma/lte mode

bionic210

Reaction score
When I am in a 4g Verizon network and on cdma/lte the phone seems to work correctly, then I drove to my home area where Im in an extended network and I get service but no data, no 3g or 1x even and this is an area that always has steady 3g everywhere. However if I switch it to cdma only it will pick up a 3g signal but likes to try and switch bak and forth between extended and Verizon where it shouldn't be trying to get on verizons network at all because they have poor coverage in this area. Anyone having a similar problem?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

barbourvilleKY

Reaction score
I got this phoe today. When at Home I get 4 bars 3G. When I make a calls, 3G drops off and doesb't come back till after the call. It cliams back.. This also happens when in my office just walking from one room to another.

jacob121791

Reaction score
When I am in a 4g Verizon network and on cdma/lte the phone seems to work correctly, then I drove to my home area where Im in an extended network and I get service but no data, no 3g or 1x even and this is an area that always has steady 3g everywhere. However if I switch it to cdma only it will pick up a 3g signal but likes to try and switch bak and forth between extended and Verizon where it shouldn't be trying to get on verizons network at all because they have poor coverage in this area. Anyone having a similar problem?

I am having the exact same problem but it doesn't really bother me because when I don't need the 4g I set it to cdma only any ways to improve battery life. How can u tell if ur on the verizon or extended network?

OP
B

bionic210

Reaction score
I am having the exact same problem but it doesn't really bother me because when I don't need the 4g I set it to cdma only any ways to improve battery life. How can u tell if ur on the verizon or extended network?

When u pull down the notification bar it says either Verizon wireless or extended network

FLNole

Reaction score
I am having the same problem. I only have data over wifi or 4g - nothing on 3g. Luckily, I have pretty good LTE coverage. I can only use 3g in CDMA only mode. Apparently, this is a known issue and a royal pain in the butt. There is a lengthy discussion of this issue on Motorola's forum as well as Verizon's. There is talk of a fix in November. That is just not acceptable. Is this issue common to all Bionics or is there just a bad batch of phones or SIM cards?

Following is a link to the thread on Motorola's site...

https://supportforums.motorola.com/thread/57417?start=0&tstart=0

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

SuperDroid

Reaction score
I am having the same problem. I only have data over wifi or 4g - nothing on 3g. Luckily, I have pretty good LTE coverage. I can only use 3g in CDMA only mode. Apparently, this is a known issue and a royal pain in the butt. There is a lengthy discussion of this issue on Motorola's forum as well as Verizon's. There is talk of a fix in November. That is just not acceptable. Is this issue common to all Bionics or is there just a bad batch of phones or SIM cards?

Following is a link to the thread on Motorola's site...

https://supportforums.motorola.com/thread/57417?start=0&tstart=0

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Mine does not have this problem. Every once in a while it might take a min or two to switch back to 3g but thats the most i've noticed after a having the phone 4 days now.