[ROM] [R_O_M_I_F_I_E_D] iBolt V0.90 – AOSP Based/MIUI Style ROM

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I take no credit for this Rom. It was Developed by Romified who gave me explicit permission to post the release notes here for discussion. ENJOY!

iBolt V0.9 – MIUI style AOSP ROM – The closest thing to real MIUI style until the real thing hits the Thunderbolt!
I am calling this version 0.90 because I have a few things left I want to tweak before calling this an official 1.0 release, but I want to get this out and let some people give it a try. I look forward to feedback and suggestions.

Features / credits:
MIUI Launcher – based from version 3.1 by Vipitus – thanks for his work in translating and converting this to use as a base. This is a modified launcher based on QQLauncher and clones the MIUI interface better than any launcher I’ve seen so far.
NO APP DRAWER, just like the actual MIUI ROM
---
ROM is based from ShiftAO5P Hack3d 2.51 – Thanks to TheoryROM and dhacker29 for a great AOSP platform to use (a very fast and stable AOSP ROM !)
---
MIUI Camera
---
MIUI Music
---
HTC style keyboard
---
Miren MIUI browser (stock browser also still included)
---
Nice selection of MIUI wallpapers
---
MIUI.us bootanimation (temporary, working on a new one for the 1.0 or later release)
---
Lots of various widgets
---
And more....

Screenshots (some of these are outdated) :

More screenshots available HERE

Known issues:
Rare, but I have seen a FC on HTC_IME keyboard on first install, but it goes away and never does it again
Still some Chinese in some areas of the launcher.
---
Default weather/clock is linked to Chinese weather only, can’t change it (at least not yet). I substituted Go Weather (MIUI style) in the screenshots.
---
Sometimes new widgets do not show up on homescreens until you reboot
---
Phone and contacts icon in dock row are the same
---
Current dialer theme is missing a few elements to complete

To do for 1.0 release:
Change/setup defaults in the launcher (widgets, dock icons/shortcuts, etc)
---
Fix or replace current default clock/weather widget (updates in Chinese only)
---
New bootanimation
---
Remove/translate any remaining Chinese in the launcher.
---
Additional theming
---
Possibly integrate Youlu Dialer / Contacts / MMS (MIUI-ish styling)
---
Other possible additions / changes based on feedback from 0.90 version

Alot of work has gone into trying to mesh all of this together and tweak it to where it is so far, enjoy and let me know what you think.
---
NOTE: Backup your current ROM in case anything goes wrong so you will have a backup to go back to. I am not responsible for what happens to your phone using this ROM. You should not have any issues but by flashing this, you are doing so at your own risk.
---
iBolt V0.90 --- DOWNLOAD
----
If you enjoy my work and would like to donate, use the link below:

romified

Reaction score
I have released V0.92 now....download link below:

iBolt Remix V0.92 – MIUI style AOSP ROM​

---​

Now with dual launchers as of version 0.92, one without an app drawer (true MIUI function) and a "classic" launcher that includes an app drawer. Both heavily moddified in the MIUI style.
This ROM is making progress towards a V1.0 release, and while it is very much in a usable state now as a daily use ROM, there are features and changes that I want to put in place (alot based on your feedback)before officially calling this V1.0, hence we are moving in that direction. Some people see the version number and think there are major issues still in existence, and that is not the case. There are some minor issues being worked on, but they are cosmetic and minor in nature
Screenshots (some of these are outdated and will be updated soon for V0.92) :

iBolt_1.jpg
screenshot_37.jpg
screenshot_42.jpg

screenshot_47.jpg
screenshot_14.jpg
shot_000002.jpg

More screenshots available HERE

Features / credits:
MIUI Launcher – based from version 3.1 by Vipitus – thanks for his work in translating and converting this to use as a base. This is a modified launcher based on QQLauncher and clones the MIUI interface better than any launcher I’ve seen so far. 4 row icon dock!
NO APP DRAWER, just like the actual MIUI ROM
---
"Classic" MIUI Launcher (as of V0.92) (includes app drawer) - heavily modified and customizable launcher based from ADW. 4 row icon dock!
---
ROM is based from Liquid's LGB 3.0 AOSP ROM – Thanks to Liquid Smooth ROMs for a great AOSP platform to use
---
MIUI Camera
---
MIUI Music
---
HTC style keyboard
---
Miren MIUI browser (stock browser also still included)
---
Large selection of MIUI wallpapers and iBolt Remix wallpapers
---
MIUI.us bootanimation (temporary, working on a custom bootanimation for the 1.0 or earlier release)
---
Lots of various widgets
---
And more...
---
---​

Known issues:
MIUI Launcher - Still some Chinese in a couple areas of the MIUI launcher. This can be easily deleted from view (clock/weather widget and default empty folders can be renamed or deleted). These are well embedded in this launcher and I am working on getting all of this out so it does not load as deafult widgets and folders.
---
MIUI Launcher - Default weather/clock is linked to Chinese weather only, can’t change it (at least not yet). I substituted Go Weather (MIUI style) in the screenshots. This widget can be deleted and replaced on your homescreen.
---
MIUI Launcher - Sometimes new widgets do not show up on homescreens until you reboot (very rare, may be fixed now)
---
MIUI Launcher - Phone and contacts icon in dock row are the same (tracking down source code causing this)
---
"Classic Launcher" - upon first bootup, if you go into "Launcher Settings" and return to the homescreen, the theme reverts to the standard AOSP icons. If you then go back into the Launcher Settings and change it from default to MIUI and restart the launcher, all is good and it will never give an issue again. Minor but something to be aware of the first time you load the ROM. Working on tracking this down.
---
Rare, but I have seen a FC on HTC_IME keyboard on first bootup, but never does it again
---​

To do for 1.0 release:
Change/setup defaults in the launchers (widgets, some icons to be changed/enhanced, etc)
---
Fix or replace current default clock/weather widget in the MIUI Launcher (updates in Chinese only)
---
New bootanimation
---
Remove/translate any remaining Chinese in the MIUI Launcher.
---
Additional themes available (via the Theme Chooser)
---
Add themes/Theme Chooser options to settings menu
---
Possibly integrate Youlu Dialer / Contacts / MMS (MIUI-ish styling)
---
Change some apps default icons (at app level)
---
Other additions / changes / enhancements based on feedback from 0.9x versions
---​

Changelog:
V0.90 - 10/08/2011
Initial Release
---
V0.91 - 10/10/2011
Updated apps (Camera, Music, MMS, Contacts and a few others)
Theming tweaks to task bar and menus that were hard to read
---
V0.92 - 10/14/2011
Entire new based used - LGB 3.0
Add 2nd launcher - "classic launcher" with app drawer
Combined plans for iBolt Classic and renamed to iBolt Remix
Fixed MIUI Camera issues, much smoother and better quality
Fixed FC in MIUI Music app going into settings (option in settings to show "embedded" album art)
iBolt.MIUI theme option added to Theme Chooser. Base ROM is lightly themed, and future releases will have additional theme options available to enhance choices
Theme cleanup/enhancements - icon changes
Added options to settings menu (Launcher choices and Advanced Settings)
And probably some stuff I'm forgetting...
---​

Alot of work has gone into trying to mesh all of this together and tweak it to where it is so far, enjoy and let me know what you think.
---​

*** ALL TESTING WAS DONE WITH THE LATEST MR3 RADIO FROM THE 2.11.605.3 OTA, 1.48.00.906w_1, 0.01.78.0906w_2. May work with other recent radios but has not been tested with any ******
---​

NOTE: Backup your current ROM in case anything goes wrong so you will have a backup to revert to. I am not responsible for what happens to your phone using this ROM. You should not have any issues but by flashing this, you are doing so at your own risk.
*** You MUST wipe data with this update due to the new base and the changes. If you don't wipe data you WILL have issues. The installer will wipe everything else (system, cache, dalvik-cache) ***

iBolt Remix V0.92 ---- DOWNLOAD HERE
---
Latest MR3 Radio (Recommended) from 2.11.605.3 OTA, 1.48.00.906w_1, 0.01.78.0906w_2
DOWNLOAD

CKD2

Reaction score
I tried this rom for a week or so and it chowed my battery. I was at 60% after one hour.

I do love the look of it tho. It was smooth but I kept dropping data connection. Probably a VZW issue.

Any suggestions on battery issue?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Mastrik

Reaction score
Interesting. I'm ROM happy right now and have been wanting to try something different. So far I've tried several BAMF Rome (all the obvious ones) and am currently on CM7 and all of them have been mostly error free.

Ima gonna flash this tonight and if its cool ill post any issues or suggestions if I have any.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

CKD2

Reaction score
I think I found the battery problem, got rid of google+ and battery went back to normal.

CKD2

Reaction score
Where did you find that theme? I didn't see it in the market

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt using DroidForums