Quickclock rubix edition with Droid Overclock

kwest12

Reaction score
I'm assuming some of you have had success using the built in version of Quickclock in concert with jrummy's Droid Overclock. If you're not aware, the latest version of Droid Overclock offers the conservative and interactive governors. I assume that these are the same ones that can be enabled via rubix scripts and I'd like to utilize them.

Basically what I'd like to achieve is using the values that quickclock sets with one of the new governors and possibly some profiles as well. Setting this up gets a little tricky when working with the two programs (especially trying to get the correct values, the governor and the profiles to stick after a restart).

If you're had luck using these two programs together, please list the steps you took in the order you took then. Thanks so much in advance!

devortex

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I'm assuming some of you have had success using the built in version of Quickclock in concert with jrummy's Droid Overclock. If you're not aware, the latest version of Droid Overclock offers the conservative and interactive governors. I assume that these are the same ones that can be enabled via rubix scripts and I'd like to utilize them.

Basically what I'd like to achieve is using the values that quickclock sets with one of the new governors and possibly some profiles as well. Setting this up gets a little tricky when working with the two programs (especially trying to get the correct values, the governor and the profiles to stick after a restart).

If you're had luck using these two programs together, please list the steps you took in the order you took then. Thanks so much in advance!

Haven't tried this exact setup, but I have a suggestion.

Since both apps server the same function to set the cpu frequencies and voltage, I think you should use quickclock as a guide to find out what it says your processor can handle, but then just use those values in droid overclock.

Basically just use quickclock as a tool to determine your optimal overclock settings, but then ditch it and don't actually use it to implement those settings, let droid overclock do all the rest.

This way you are not trying to see which program will win out on settings over the other.

jonwgee

Reaction score
You could also purchase the full market version of Quick Clock and just use that. Why not support the dev who provided his app for free in rubiX?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
kwest12

kwest12

Reaction score
You could also purchase the full market version of Quick Clock and just use that. Why not support the dev who provided his app for free in rubiX?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

I wasn't aware that quickclock had integrated the conservative and interactive governors in the paid version. I also was under the impression that profiles aren't yet available in the paid version either (like those available in droid overclock and setcpu). Please let me know.

In the mean time I'm still in search of a way to make the two programs work together (I suppose I could use plower's solution in a pinch)

OP
kwest12

kwest12

Reaction score
I don't have any issues with calibrating, I'm having difficulty using quickclock with droid overclock: seems like they fight over what governor should be used at startup, what values to use and whether or not to use droid overclock's profiles....

OnMy2ndGP

Reaction score
Yes, there appears to a conflict of interest using both at the same time. This is what I do.

I had DO (Droid Overclock) already setup before DRod released QC (Quick Clock) with rubiX. So, I ran QC and allowed it to calibrate. Here are the values that provided for me: 300 / 759 / 1012 / 1265. Then while a have QC in control I go into OD and open the little slider from the right side to get the vsel values. Mine are 19 / 42 / 55 / 68. While still in DO I go into the Advanced/Custom menu and save it as a Preset. From there you can set it up to Apply on boot or not.

Basically, I use QC to get those safe values but I mainly use OD to apply on boot based off of the QC values.

Hope that helps you.

Last edited:
OP
kwest12

kwest12

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Since general consensus seems to be that the two apps do conflict, I'll use the method mentioned by plower and onmy2ndgp.

millbean

Reaction score
ok got it to work.UnInstalled droid overclock ran it and it worked perfect.

Last edited:
OP
kwest12

kwest12

Reaction score
ok got it to work. Installed droid overclock ran it and it worked perfect.

whoops, I must have misread your comment earlier. I didn't realize you were having trouble yourself. Sorry about that. Glad to hear you have everything working now

trook

Reaction score
I use both, I set the governor in droid x/2 overclock to interactive and to set at boot, then I set it in terminal emulator which seems redundant but I did it. then just because I'm a freak with a bad case of android ocd I used root explorer to change the governor at boot per drod's instructions. Then I calibrated quickclock because I got a way lower clockspeed on ondemand and conservative, then I saved the quickclock settings and set quickclock to boot. On the quickclock webpage it says you can export the quickclock profiles into droid x/2 overclock. BTW, I have quickclock advanced.