Quick update on Blurry and Focused

drod2169

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
My grades slipped a little in math so i've been focusing on that somewhat, because after all, school is the most important thing in my life right now, and that has to continue :)

Im also working on a huge upgrade to blurry before I get in a focused update, there are kinks to work out and ideas to apply for focused, I've also needed sleep lately, so I haven't been spending as much time as id like on them.
It is coming. I promise.

Blurry is near completion, I need to finish working out the different options for you guys, and I'm waiting on a few things from people helping out.

Also, BOTH Blurry and Focused will be at stock 1ghz speeds but UNDERVOLTED for better battery life. I will not release an overclocked rom. Overclocking is your personal opinion and choice, but undervolting is really nice for battery life, and my phone runs really well at 1ghz/44vsel :) the vsel I'll be releasing with will be around that ball park.

There will be a script (that jrummy was nice enough to cook up for me) for options to overclock/underclock and over/undervolt.

Blurry will have:
Options for as much blur or as little blur as you want.

My tweaks that failed big time on boot process previously will be running at boot as intended.

ALSO:
I wanted to clear the air from a few questions that people have asked:

rubiX is my rom. I get help from other devs all the time (answering questions, things like that) but rubiX is still my rom. While other people may contribute be it ideas or support, its still my rom.

Sephtin has been a HUGE help with helping making the users happy, and providing support when i cannot. He's made various patches that I won't include in my focused rom because its intended to be blurless. 0, zip zilch nada. Why I don't approve or support these patches is because they may work, but they also may BREAK things just as well as they may work. Also because in the next blur update, your bare blur option will literally only include blur phone and blur contacts.

I am not down sizing Sephtin at all, without him, this rom would be dead support wise. School, a girlfriend, making roms and a job are running my life, support is pretty limited and Sephtin helped me keep sanity :)

One more thing:

Only run the themes I've provided or people have released as WORKING WITH RUBIX FOCUSED 1.0
apeX themes will not work, his rom is NOT AOSP, it gives you an AOSP FEEL and experience, but it is still 2.3.15 base.

H

Highflyin128

I'll be keeping my eyes open for the bluryy update!! I'm glab someone is giving us the option of keeping the blur!!!

Droid74

Reaction score
Thanks for all the hard work..take care of the important stuff this will still be there when you are done

burpootus

Reaction score
Thanks for all the hard work you've put in. The X is a much more enjoyable phone since you entered the scene.

Ubermicro13

Reaction score
School and Family Life comes first. I Love the work you do and I hope you keep it up when you got some free time =D

nursereese

Reaction score
Thank you so much for all you've done! My DX has had every ROM you've made, I'm really looking forward to the Blurry ROM. School is more important, I will wait patiently for your next work and donate again. :)

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

humungus

Reaction score
This is ridiculous. I expect an infinite series of faster roms with updates at least once a week. I also expect both blurry and rubiX to be kept up to date because, even though I can only run one rom at a time, I like the option of running something else at my slightest whim.

All of these other people who recognize both the quality and quantity of your work and who think you ought to focus foremost on that which is most instrumental to your future well-being are simply crazy. Get back in the Android Mines and work yourself to death for our benefit!!

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
This is ridiculous. I expect an infinite series of faster roms with updates at least once a week. I also expect both blurry and rubiX to be kept up to date because, even though I can only run one rom at a time, I like the option of running something else at my slightest whim.

All of these other people who recognize both the quality and quantity of your work and who think you ought to focus foremost on that which is most instrumental to your future well-being are simply crazy. Get back in the Android Mines and work yourself to death for our benefit!!

lol

Thanks for the update bro!

H

Highflyin128

ETA on the update? I need to remove ApeX and wanna wait till u release the update to blurry

sephtin

Reaction score
I got involved with Focused 0.3, because I wanted to get more out of my droid.. and I'm a tinkerer by heart. Have been using Focused since.

I'm glad I've had the chance to help out, because I enjoy open-source, linux, android, and the community as a whole... and it's been a really great learning experience to be able to do my part to contribute!

I appreciate Drod, and all of his hard work. Both rubiX ROMs, Blurry and Focused, are amazing. He has put tons of hours into them. Being currently out of work myself, with a new son, funds are a bit tight, and I wanted to donate.. Best I can do, is donate my time, and help where possible.

Glad to have helped those that needed it, and to be able to assist such an incredible developer.

Thanks drod. And thanks to those that use Focused, enjoy it, and provide feedback!

On another note... Drod has put so much time and effort into these ROMs.. I highly suggest donating if you enjoy his work. Link in his sig. :)

As always, keep up the great work drod!

With this ROM and the Incognito theme, I am convinced I have the best DX known to man :p Now just to get rid of that atrocious 3D gallery lmao. Sorry, I can't love everything tho :p Keep up the good work DroD and CO. I think I will send yet another donation your way to keep the magic alive.

Edit: Oh yea, was going to respond to the gallery comment. ;)
Fission team has a gallery that's available.. you can try it via patch listed in bottom of post here:
http://www.sephtin.com/?p=118

Last edited:

BdROIDX99

Reaction score
Can't wait!! I love that we get the option to keep some blur. I don't use all of it but what I do use keeps me away from the blurless roms. I've tried them all and rubiX is the best imo. Keep up the good work drod!! I've been in college for 5 yrs so I now you're busy... but we thank you.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App