Quick Question

PhigNootin

Reaction score
I'm about to install my first custom ROM : Cyanogen v6 cr2

I'm currently running OTA Froyo 2.2.

I'm using ROM Manager and want to know if I'll lose all my contacts, apps, pictures, videos... etc. when I wipe data/cache?

If so, is there any way to avoid this?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Before you root you should know some basic things about your Droid. Like how it backs up. The fact that it's a google phone and contacts are backed up in gmail. And that your downloads, at least your paid ones are always available in your downloads in the Market.

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
All your contacts and paid apps are linked to your google account. So once you reboot and login to your google account your contacts will pull over and so will your paid apps. Some free apps will re-download but probably not all. I would suggest you use a backup app to create a backup of your apps that you can restore once you have booted back up. There are two good ones Titanium and Mybackup Pro. Just remember once you have flashed your new ROM and have signed back into google, give google some time to download everything back to your phone before you start restoring your apps.

OP
P

PhigNootin

Reaction score
Thank You. This is the greatest forum ever! You all probably answer the same questions every day over and over again and probably get tired of it. But just so you know, you all are very much appreciated!!!

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Naaaa we don't get tired of it.....its what we get pai......oh wait we do it for free :)

$.02, spend it as you please.