Help! First time with Rom Manager and I might have messed up...

PhigNootin

Reaction score
I hit the top button... Flash Clockworkmod recovery... or what ever it said..
I then backed up my Current ROM.
I then downloaded Cyanogen v6.0.0 cr2
It downloaded and rebooted my phone.

BUT....

It went to a screen with a Triange w/ exclamation and a phone under it.
I then hit the upvol button and camera, and now I'm at the Android system recovery page and I don't know what to do next.

these are my options

reboot system now
apply sdcard:update.zip
wipe data/factory rest
wipe cache partition
wipe baseband data

btw, I did click to backup current ROM and wipe data and cache.

A little more info...
I was running the Froyo 2.2 update when I rooted using easy root.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Boot back up and flash CW then Sprecovery then flash CW again and it should be good. RM and froyo not playing nice and sometimes it strips the recovery.

$.02, spend it as you please.

OP
P

PhigNootin

Reaction score
Boot back up and flash CW then Sprecovery then flash CW again and it should be good. RM and froyo not playing nice and sometimes it strips the recovery.

Thanks for the help... but I'm gonna need a dumbed down version of what you just said.

I'm guessing I should click on reboot system now... yes?

Also, I'm not sure how to flash CW or Sprecovery.

I only got here by following a youtube video.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Yes reboot system now. Then open rom manager. If you go to the bottom it has a thing to flash alternate recovery. Do that, when done go back to top and hit the button to flash clockwork recovery. Do it one more time and you should have clockwork working.

OP
P

PhigNootin

Reaction score
Thank you so much!!! My semi freak out is over...

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
No problem.....glad to have helped.

ayeohh

Reaction score
Yes reboot system now. Then open rom manager. If you go to the bottom it has a thing to flash alternate recovery. Do that, when done go back to top and hit the button to flash clockwork recovery. Do it one more time and you should have clockwork working.

I did this and it worked, got me to the ClockworkMod recovery screen (with the green lettering) and now what do I press? reboot system now? because that's not doing anything for me.......... :(

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

I did this and it worked, got me to the ClockworkMod recovery screen (with the green lettering) and now what do I press? reboot system now? because that's not doing anything for me.......... :(

Now you have a custom recovery look under custom Roms in this forum and pick one and follow the op's instructions

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie

Using your volume keys, highlight the "reboot system now" then use your camera key to choose it. The phone should reboot for normal use. Once rebooted go into ROM Manager and choose a ROM and install or go to any of the developers threads here on the forums and follow their instructions for installation of their ROM.

FYI....... flash means install.....

sgtmorph

Reaction score
I tried this (to flash the alternate recovery)

and i got this error message:

"an error occured while attempting to run privileged commands"

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Your last post said you were able to get CW loaded. So don't use Rom Manager any more. Just pick a Rom from this forum, D/L, put on sd card, reboot recovery, install

sgtmorph

Reaction score

Apollo

Reaction score

Did you check your Superuser Permissions settings for ROM Manager when you had it?

sgtmorph

Reaction score

Did you check your Superuser Permissions settings for ROM Manager when you had it?

i didnt know to check the superuser permissions.......what would that have done.....i'm still new to this.....