Question about ICS update for Root

BeyondReality

Reaction score
Hey Guys... I know that if you are rooted the easiest way to update right now is to use the RSDlite to install .246. But as I understand it than I will lose root and my phone will reset back to stock.

Right now there is no other option but what are the chances of this being changed in the upcoming weeks? Do you guys think someone will develop a method to update where I wont have to reset my phone to stock or lose root?

If you guys tell me there is no way that is going to happen than I will update the RSDlite method, but knowing the android community I find that hard to believe. Someone has to develop an easier method pretty soon right?

Im running Stock ROM, root 5.9.905

Thanks

Crazebeats

Reaction score
You lose root regardless, it's a complete /system change. Just reroot it after its like a 4 reboot process.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

sst45jeff

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
If you use voodoo root keeper & take the OTA you will not lose root.

OP
BeyondReality

BeyondReality

Reaction score
Hey guys, Thanks for reply. I tried the OTA root keeper for update. I download it and go to install. It restarts and than fails. I get a message saying that the update failed. That is after I used the rootkeeper to temp disable the root and I unfrosted all of my apps. I dont know why else it would fail.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Just FXZ to 246 then run Razr's edge to get root back. You don't need to use "Root Keeper" or anything of the sort.

DeSoto

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Just FXZ to 246 then run Razr's edge to get root back. You don't need to use "Root Keeper" or anything of the sort.
I had the same problem with the OTA not installing
I did exactly what Mustang suggests
FXZ to 246 & Razr's edge to root
It worked great

pchmst

Reaction score
+1

If you used safestrap your /preinstall partition is all jacked up. And fixing it isn't worth it.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2