Root after OTA update

mkemvp32

Reaction score
Hey guys, just wanted to ask if the root method stated in the "How to root your Rzr" still works after receiving the OTA update. I'm on a stock Razr. Also, can anyone confirm that "Ginger unroot" works to unroot (you never know). I have been reading that is it recommended to freeze bloatware instead of deleting it with Titanium Backup, yes? Thanks guys, this community is great, I have learned so much from all you guys, thanks!

jtpowell

Reaction score
Hey guys, just wanted to ask if the root method stated in the "How to root your Rzr" still works after receiving the OTA update. I'm on a stock Razr. Also, can anyone confirm that "Ginger unroot" works to unroot (you never know). I have been reading that is it recommended to freeze bloatware instead of deleting it with Titanium Backup, yes? Thanks guys, this community is great, I have learned so much from all you guys, thanks!
Still works. Voodo OTA Rootkeepr also works. Save yourself the trouble and use Voodo.

OP
M

mkemvp32

Reaction score
Yes, it does work. I used the same method and was rooted in like 3 min. max. Thanks again for everything guys. DROOOOIIIIID

davoIII

Reaction score
Can some one send me a link to re root. Idk if this is usual but after the ota update went though my titanium backup says i'm not rooted any more, is there a link that I can just download from my razr or am I going to have to re root?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

eidian

Reaction score
Google: doomlord ver 3

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

skunkmilk

Reaction score
i had to take my razr back and the guy updated it before he gave it to me how do i root now in linux i have no access to windows and havent used in over 20 years