Question about fxz file

mgarney26

Reaction score
So in sitting on pins and needles to root my razr and install roms... But with no sbf yet I don't want to risk bricking it... does any one know if the new safe strap method works like an sbf?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

K

kbatrph

So in sitting on pins and needles to root my razr and install roms... But with no sbf yet I don't want to risk bricking it... does any one know if the new safe strap method works like an sbf?

it does not.....what it does is act like bootstrap...it gets you to the point where you can do backups, installs, etc....but no sbf (actually fxz) files.......yet.

OP
mgarney26

mgarney26

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply...i didn't think it did... Guess I will have to keep praying to the android gods that sbf gets released soon... Lol

Reaction score
I was going to wait too but the safe strap is awesome. I an not concerned at all because I simply rooted the phone and installed safestrap, then backed up my rooted stock as system 1 (non safe mode), then followed the instructions to get a little "creative" with the deodexed ROM by nitro as system 2 (safe mode). The peace of mind safe strap offers is that every boot up automatically takes you to the menu for recovery so if you screw up your rom in safe mode, just switch back to non safe on the next boot and you are good to go.