1% battery mod

JKingDev

Reaction score
I am running the ICS leak with root and I want to try this mod for the razr ics leak:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-hacks/206814-mod-accurate-battery-1-razr-ics-leak.html
I plan to just replace the files on my system partition, not flash the zip. This is made for deodexed roms, but if I understand odexing correctly I could just delete the exiting apk and odex files and add the new apk right? I want to install safe strap first so I can back up my ROM in case it doesnt work. Anyone have success using safe strap to backup restore running the ICS leak?

moah909

Reaction score
No that is not how deodexing works, you need to deodex the whole system and it is not as simple as deleting the odex files. I'm pretty sure the razor mod wouldn't work for our ics leak, while the phones are similar this patches some very core system files.

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2

OP
J

JKingDev

Reaction score
No that is not how deodexing works, you need to deodex the whole system and it is not as simple as deleting the odex files. I'm pretty sure the razor mod wouldn't work for our ics leak, while the phones are similar this patches some very core system files.

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2
Thanks for stopping me from trying something stupid. Why must the entire system be deodexed? Is there a flag somewhere in the ROM indicating that system files are odexed?