Question about Droid X home screen - weather/clock

renthorin

Reaction score
I am in the market for new phone and the Droid X seems pretty nifty.

My co-worker has an incredible or similar model and on her home screen, instead of the creepy red eye, she has a sun with clock above it.

When she goes home, the 'local weather' on her desktop knows she is home and changes the city.

That isn't such a big deal but I would like to have the sun and clock on the X's home screen. Is that possible, or is it model specific?

Sorry for the newB questions. I have been reading but am feeling a bit overwhelmed by all the different posts ;-(

Willl

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
I am in the market for new phone and the Droid X seems pretty nifty.

My co-worker has an incredible or similar model and on her home screen, instead of the creepy red eye, she has a sun with clock above it.

When she goes home, the 'local weather' on her desktop knows she is home and changes the city.

That isn't such a big deal but I would like to have the sun and clock on the X's home screen. Is that possible, or is it model specific?

Sorry for the newB questions. I have been reading but am feeling a bit overwhelmed by all the different posts ;-(

Willl

You can customize your home screens and change the backgrounds (wallpaper) to what you would like...there are a couple of apps that you can install and setup with the clock / weather - they are Beautiful Widgets and Weather & Toggle Widget.

OP
renthorin

renthorin

Reaction score
cool thanks :)

Was watching vids on youtube about the X and reading reviews, they all had the creepy eye. Was getting worried.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
cool thanks :)

Was watching vids on youtube about the X and reading reviews, they all had the creepy eye. Was getting worried.

LOL - that is the selling point. You can take pictures and use them as your wallpaper as well...good luck!