Qualcomm Will Power PCs With The Snapdragon 835 Processor

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
qualcomm-windows-10-arm-devices-png.77522

You know how it seems like the most powerful computer you have is actually in your pocket sometimes. The Snapdragon 835 will begin to power some Windows Mobile PCs by the end of the year. This announcement was made at Computex 2017 in Taipei. Asus, HP, and Lenovo have all been confirmed to release Snapdragon PC systems at some point. The Windows 10 machines will have long lasting battery life and LTE support. Hopefully the integration of these mobile chips will mean quieter fanless, smaller, and lighter Windows laptops. There is no release date for these devices, but we expect to start seeing them some time in Q4 of this year. Do you think the Snapdragon 835 is powerful enough to power a full Windows PC experience?

via TheVerge

Attachments

• Qualcomm-Windows-10-ARM-Devices.png
    Qualcomm-Windows-10-ARM-Devices.png
    104.1 KB · Views: 4,332

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
I dont think it will be an Issue Considering that the PC world already uses low Powered CPUs like the Atom or Core m. Will it be a great user Experience other than BASIC use like websurfing and typing Papers that would probably be the Extent. Basic Productivity I'd say. If the Price is right it would sell but if they start selling them priced like the Phone No Chance since Phones with a SD835 are $800-$1000 and I can get a Surface Pro for that money. It would have to be at the Price point like the Entry Level PC Tablets like the Acer Switch or HP x2 that are ~3-400. Thats just my Take. I can Get a HP Spectre x2 that has 4GB Ram, 128GB SSD in a 12" Form Factor with a Core m and LTE for ~$450 so if its more than that not worth it.