Samsung Forces LG To Use The Snapdragon 821 In The LG G6?!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
qualcomms-snapdragon-835-is-the-latest-snapdragon-chip-and-is-based-on-a-10-nm-technology.jpg

We have some very unfortunate news for anyone who was looking forward to the upcoming release of the LG G6. All signs were pointing to a major comeback device from LG with the upcoming LG G6. They had made the right decision in ditching the modular design, they are going with a larger screen, and will include waterproofing. They will even likely integrate Google Assistant into the device.

A recent report suggest that the phone will feature a Snapdragon 821 processor which is only a slight bump from the LG G5 from last year which included the Snapdragon 820. The reason for this is that Samsung has apparently claimed dibs on the entire first run of the Qualcomm Snapdragon 835. This will definitely make the LG G6 less desirable for any consumers that are spec aware. The Snapdragon 821 is still an excellent processor, but the 835 is built on the new 10nm process and will certainly be faster and more efficient. As excited as I was for this phone I kind of feel a bit deflated. Here is to hoping the report got it wrong.

via Forbes

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
But it will also make the phones a bit cheaper and so few people out there even know that each phone has different CPUs. They just hear "they're faster" and are ok with it.

Amagine

Reaction score
I agree with John. Very Very few people dig into specs when picking a phone. Most are more concerned about the feel of the phone, interface, features and cost. I feel the spec wars are pretty much done.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Side by side a Touch Wiz needs that bigger chip to keep up with the lesser on the LG minus Touch Wiz. ;)

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

creaky

Reaction score
Hope it's not true but honestly my G4 is very fast and smooth with a very "old" chip. So many other factors contribute to user experience.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk