New LG G6 Leaks Show Us What The Final Device May Look Like.

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
s_a95dd34d2b124055a9d2eac3ed288f70.jpg

Earlier in the week we got several leaked images of the LG G6 prototype showing off the dual lens camera setup and rear fingerprint scanner placement. Just after that another image showing the LG G6 in the wild leaked out. It seemed to show either a shiny black version of the phone or a glass back. If it was a glass back that would allow for wireless charging.

New images leaked out yesterday which may put an end to the wireless charging glass back rumors. They show off a brushed metal back. The photos were released by "UnderKG" on youtube. The images showcase the phone's 5.7" display with nearly no bezels. We can see the 3.5mm jack placement on the top of the phone, and usb-c and single speaker on the bottom of the device. The phone also looks quite thick which could indicate a larger battery which would be great! While the phone looks pretty similar to phones we have seen in the past it looks quite clean.

There is speculation that the device won't release with the Snapdragon 835 since Samsung was able to claim the first run of these chips. Either the LG G6 will release with the Snapdragon 821 or it will see a later release. It is expected to be announced in a few weeks at Mobile World Congress. If LG has to wait several months to release the phone in order to include the Snapdragon 835 the wait may do them more harm than good. Personally I don't mind waiting, but phones tend to do better if they are released shortly after being announced. The good news is we will know for sure soon!

via Mydrivers

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
No Sealed Back (aka user replaceable battery) FTW!

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

customcat

Reaction score
Website
tehcyview.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 5x
Obviously cant see too much yet bit looks good. +1 for removable batterys too (hopefully)

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
Removable batteries are only really good IMHO, if you could remove the battery and have the phone work for a minute or so without having to shut it down.

So in essence, the phone has a internal battery that can't be removed, and that can only be used in the case of swapping out batteries.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Spoken like someone that hasn't had a replaceable battery in a very long time.
Sure, that would be nice, but "only really good"??? Nah. It's still really freaking great to stop home from work, change clothes, swap a battery and *bam* 100%.
Really really great.
This from a fan of "quick charging". I used that daily on my last phone

Stop home after work:

"I only have 20 minutes, let me plug this in to get a quick top off....*insert Jeopardy music* ... done, cool 60%"

vs.

*pop* *Swap* 100% in > 20 seconds....

There is nothing, not one thing, that is so important on my phone that I can't reboot it.

Gremlin

Reaction score
Well now they are saying US wont get the LG G6 until the month of April...

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Removable batteries are only really good IMHO, if you could remove the battery and have the phone work for a minute or so without having to shut it down.

So in essence, the phone has a internal battery that can't be removed, and that can only be used in the case of swapping out batteries.
You slept through the Note7 fiasco?
You don't keep phones longer than the original battery lasts?
Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score

No. Removable batteries prevent your phone from degrading over time as lithium ion loses capacity over time.

They do it on purpose so you purchase new phone every two years as your old one doesn't hold a charge. Keeps them in business and keeps you wasting money on disposable tech.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Oh. Come now, Xeene. They only do it because they can't make thin phones with removable batteries. This v10 I'm typing on...omg. So thick. (not)

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk