Qualcomm's New Snapdragon 845 Is A Performance Beast!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
snapdragon-845-press-image-jpg.78123

Qualcomm just unveiled their latest flagship chip for smartphones, the Snapdragon 845, and it's really bringing the heat! The new chip has all kinds of new features like 4 h 4k HDR capture, 3 h VR, 2 d UltraHD Audio, Quick Charge 4, Heterogeneous computing and more. The chip will perform 30% better than the Snapdragon 835, and will be 30% more power efficient. This is due to the new heterogeneous computing. The chip also includes Adreno 630 Visual Processing Subsystem for a 30% improvement in graphics and video rendering with a substantial power reduction when compared to previous gen chips. The built in Snapdragon X20 LTE Modem is capable of 1.2Gbps Gigabit LTE Cat 18, License Assisted Access, and Dual SIM-Dual VoLTE. The chip is also built on the 10nm LPP FinFET process technology. All in all this looks like a pretty great upgrade for upcoming flagship devices.

via Qualcomm

Attachments

• snapdragon-845-press-image.jpg
    snapdragon-845-press-image.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 2,626
OP
DroidModderX

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
it can record 4k HDR for 4 hours without crashing, you can view 3 hours Virtual reality without crashing, records 2 days of UltraHD audio without crashing

OP
DroidModderX

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I believe that also speaks to battery performance

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
So the Note9 will have this plus 512GB internal Storage. Integrated Fingerprint Scanner under Display. That will be a Nice improvement. That is if all of this really is available by then as they Claim.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Yea, I think I'm just not impressed anymore. 3 hours of Daydream VR? I don't spend 3 hours in my Rift. Ever.
4 hours of video? That'll appeal to...3% of the phone buying public.
When is the damn Keurig attachment coming?

Sent from my Moto Z2 using Tapatalk