[Q] Would you ever leave Verizon for At&t

OP
Stelv

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
It sounds like I should stay away from At&t maybe. The response here has been kind of negative towards them. I am very sick of Motorola's BS though, and I am on the hunt for an alternative. I should have kept my Inc2!

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Another thing you would lose with AT&T, besides the CRAPPY reception, limited 3G, slow 4G in the limited markets, is the lockdown on the android phones - you cannot add apps that are not available in the app store. Other than that, it's a great option...NOT

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It sounds like I should stay away from At&t maybe. The response here has been kind of negative towards them. I am very sick of Motorola's BS though, and I am on the hunt for an alternative. I should have kept my Inc2!

Research is your friend. I remember when I had the d1 and their was an article that came out on the build quality of the headphone jack. I washaving issues with my head phones and it was getting annoying so I sent them the article about it and they sent me a new d2. The bionic is having a lot of issues and vzw actually will work with you but you may have to give a little. First put together proof (via video or monitoring data numbers). Email vzw so you get a c rep to contact you (they must return your email via phone call or email response). When the rep call/email get in contact with that rep and share your info. Let them know that you are not able to use your phone even for data and you are paying data charges. Ask if you can exchange it for a clnr of another phone model. They can not giv you a new phone cuz the phone you have is used but they may be more than willing to exchange it for a clnr of another model device.

OP
Stelv

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Research is your friend. I remember when I had the d1 and their was an article that came out on the build quality of the headphone jack. I washaving issues with my head phones and it was getting annoying so I sent them the article about it and they sent me a new d2. The bionic is having a lot of issues and vzw actually will work with you but you may have to give a little. First put together proof (via video or monitoring data numbers). Email vzw so you get a c rep to contact you (they must return your email via phone call or email response). When the rep call/email get in contact with that rep and share your info. Let them know that you are not able to use your phone even for data and you are paying data charges. Ask if you can exchange it for a clnr of another phone model. They can not giv you a new phone cuz the phone you have is used but they may be more than willing to exchange it for a clnr of another model device.

Thanks for the info. I am going to try again. I did talk to a tier 3 rep and told them all I wanted was a clnr rezound but they said Motorola wouldn't allow him. I told him it was BS, and he told me he couldn't do anything for me. I am going to gather some info though and send an email and try to make a better case to them.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

CTownDroid

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I told him it was BS, and he told me he couldn't do anything for me.

You have to be patient and respectful with the reps., if you hope to get help from them. My wife went through three CLNRs before they swapped her phone out with a different model CLNR. It's a pain, but it works.

alboboy10

Reaction score
My friends are all being throttled with att. You do not want to be their customer.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I am going to try again. I did talk to a tier 3 rep and told them all I wanted was a clnr rezound but they said Motorola wouldn't allow him. I told him it was BS, and he told me he couldn't do anything for me. I am going to gather some info though and send an email and try to make a better case to them.

There is a matrix that each rep has to follow. There's a column with the device in question and the available other phones that they can exchange for. It may not sound reasonable to you but it is what they have to follow on their screen. Deviation can and will get a rep fired. Trust me, I worked there.

OP
Stelv

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yea he made it sound like the computer wouldn't allow him to enter the rezound for a replacement. He offered to sell me a brand new rezound at early upgrade for $200, but then said the computer wouldn't allow him to and apologized. I am going to stay with Verizon. I emailed customer service a little while ago to see if they could offer any further assistance.

wolstonc

Reaction score
Att is good with a galaxy s 2, in a lte city, and with a grandfathered in unlimited plan.otherwise I would never leave Verizon except for sprint. I like unlimited data, not because I use 50 gigs, I use like 3, but I like not having to worry about overages. Plus sprint is getting lte

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

OP
Stelv

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
I would go with Sprint if I could, but coverage is no good here. May stay with the Bionic now, but definitely jumping on a non-Moto phone when I get the chance.

Edit: Scratch that. I guess I used 5gigs last month. Guess I am staying with my unlimited plan on Verizon.

Last edited:

acousticshade

Reaction score
Verizon is also going to get a bunch more 4G cities this year. I live in a fairly rural area and we are slated to get 4G first quarter this year which is amazing to me. Sprint and ATT simply don't have Verizon's coverage, so if you travel away from big cities at all, you are going to drop to 3G/2G or lose signal completely.

If you can get Verizon to switch the Bionic for the Rezound, go for it. It's a great phone, unlockable & the radios are very solid.

ambrown

Reaction score
I'm on verizon and I wouldn't go to AT&T. I've heard to much against them to switch. Plus they consistently get bad marks with consumer report groups.

I have considered switching in the past, but to sprint. And I may yet switch to sprint if they have a better deal on data than verizon when that time comes to make that choice.

Sent from my Droid Incredible on 2.3.4 using the DroidForums app