xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Verizon 4G LTE 3Mbps - 8Mbps
Little faster in my neck of the woods
176396365.png

N4UPD

Reaction score
I recently noticed that I'm now getting a 4g signal in Jemison and lost it when I got to Thorsby. So it looks like Verizon may be finally expanding southward from B'ham. Hope to see 4g covering all of Chilton county here soon.

comk4ver

Reaction score
But even if att and Verizon were both finally on official 4G/LTE it wouldn't matter to us the customers because manufacturers wouldn't/won't make a one phone to run on both networks with a decent battery life.
Or am I mistaken?
At the end of the day it's what we'll really want a phone with good battery life and the ability to move to a different carrier in case things go sour.

combatmedic870

Reaction score
Neither Verizon or AT&T or anyone in the US has "4G" yet. With 4G we should be seeing around 70-110mbps down(like it is in the EU), not 5-40mbps down.

In korea, they are going to be releasing 5G, which is 900-1200mbps.

In south america, their 3.5g is just as fast as OUR "4G", but they dont have them battery sucking antenna's.

BodyBagz

Reaction score
I would have never thought it when Verizon started launching 4G in Alabama last year that we would have it here in my town in North Alabama. Yet, we had it before larger towns did. Albertville, Boaz, Douglas, Guntersville all had their 4G service before Anniston/Jacksonville/ Oxford did...and Gadsden just got theirs as well as Ft Payne.

This is truly weird when you see larger more metropolitan areas still are without...I guess it dies pay to live in "podunk" Alabama at times...we got lots of 4G and 15 National Championships....Roll Tide Roll...

N4UPD

Reaction score
Got 4g in Clanton, Alabama and surrounding areas now and am enjoying it immensely. Good speeds.