Pulled the trigger - Droid ordered

TheShaz

Reaction score
My wife works for VZW and while my upgrade date is the 23rd she was able to use one of the other numbers and use it's upgrade. We have like 5 lines, she get 50% on all the plans and some other huge discounts :icon_ banana:

So around 7pm yesterday she placed the order online. VZW's web site is having severe issues. I want to get the tracking number so I can go annoy the shipping company's website every 10min to see if the box moved :icon_ devil:

Free Overnight Shipping - but I doubt we ordered it early enough for it be delivered today. Odds say Monday :(

So coming from WinMo, I'm back to square one. My wife was able to bring a sample/test DROID home last week so I could play with it. The Voice and Data was not activated but I was able to use my home WiFi and create a dummy gmail acct. The 1st thing I installed was Sky Map, and stepped outside, it was so cool. I decided then I was going to cross the line from the WinMo camp. Bye bye Omnia.

Ive been hanging out in this forum for about two weeks as I pondered the decision. Cant wait for the phone to arrive

OK, VZW's web site is haveing severe issues, 611 for support doesnt work well on employee accts.....I think I'm going to wake up the wife and get that shipping tracking number....what's the worst that could happen? :icon_ devil:

Twoo

Reaction score
Because of your post right now I just downloaded Skymap and opened the program... wow. Kind of funny, last night I was on my deck with my girlfriend arguing about the location of Leo, haha.

OP
TheShaz

TheShaz

Reaction score
Because of your post right now I just downloaded Skymap and opened the program... wow. Kind of funny, last night I was on my deck with my girlfriend arguing about the location of Leo, haha.

It really is a cool app, uses all the sensors, GPS, accelerometer and compass.

Donkey Hodie

Reaction score
If you've been using Windows Mobile, the Droid will be like being in paradise.

Worst effin' mobile OS ever.

Stigy

Reaction score
Welcome to the forums and the Android OS!

You will definitely enjoy your DROID! Let us know how you like it when you get it!!

OP
TheShaz

TheShaz

Reaction score
You will definitely enjoy your DROID! Let us know how you like it when you get it!!

As I mentioned - wife works for VZW and Employee Accounts are different. Even tho she opted for the "FREE OVERNIGHT SHIPPING" - looks like nothing is going to actually process until Monday, meaning Tuesday will most likely be the day I'll get the phone.

Stopped by the mall today, the DROID on display at the VZW store actually had a line of people playing with it. VZW is doing a full court press on the ad campaign on this.

SNC00145-1-1.jpg

:icon_ devil: Pateince is not one of my virtues. :icon_ devil:
Photo of my youngest son Jamie at the Mall, taken with my Omnia. I hope the DROID takes pictures as good as this. Cropped and lowered the resolution on Photobucket.