Profiles/smartapps for the G2

SylenThunder

Reaction score
Wasn't really sure how to title this, but here's what I'm looking for.

With my Motorola Droid4 I had the SmartActions where I could basically program my phone with if-then commands like If it connects to X network, perform Y actions.

In CyanogenMod, I had similar options under a Profiles menu under Settings.

So far, looks like CyanogenMod on the G2 isn't quite ready yet for mainstream use, so I'm looking for something similar that won't additionally give me a lot of bloat. I have enough of that from Verizon already.

Any ideas?

mslaceyrose

Reaction score
You might check out some of these apps.
IFTTT (If This Then That)
Tasker
AutomateIt
Llama
Macros
There are others that I can't think of right now, but I'm sure other members will have additional suggestions.
Let us know how you make out :)

OP
SylenThunder

SylenThunder

Reaction score
IFTTT is missing some of the most important things I needed, like controlling Wifi. Not enough system integration, and the web-interface had mixed reviews.

Tasker looks awesome, but there's not a way to try it before spending the money on it, so I'm setting that aside.

Llama seems familiar from waaay back in my BB days, so I'm giving it a shot right now. I'll update when I've got more info. :)

D

Divergent

Are we talking here about Moto G2 or LG G2, anyway i recommend AutomateIt and imacros.

Sent from a bunch of fingers using AOSP Keyboard

OP
SylenThunder

SylenThunder

Reaction score
LG G2, i was just referencing a feature on my previous Motorola phone.

So far Llama is working nicely, but is still missing a bit of control and some of the features I want that are included, may not be supported on my OS version. I'm tinkering with it some more and testing it.

Automateit is almost exactly the same as Llama, except that the free version is ad-driven and the Pro version doesn't unlock much in the way of extras aside from removing the ads.

imacros or macros, I'm not finding in the Play store. I did find a "MacroDroid" application which has the same setup as Automateit, except that the "free" version is even further limited.

Currently best choices appear to be narrowed down to either Tasker or Llama. Between the two, Llama is free, but Tasker has more control and a lot more features. Tasker may also be more difficult to configure for less advanced users due to it's complexity, but based on the description it should perform everything I would desire.

Currently leaning towards Llama because it appears to perform almost everything I desire, and is at the great price of free without the intrusion of ads.

mslaceyrose

Reaction score
Just a note about Tasker. While there is a "learning curve," they have a couple of great
help websites and user groups where you can get real help with learning to use it.

Keep an eye open. I think it was the Amazon Free App of the Day once, and there have been other promotions for it.
Or, you could install the Google Opinions Reward app and earn free Google Play credit. I've used my credits for a few good paid apps that I wouldn't have shelled out for otherwise :)