problems with yahoo.

Greg b

Reaction score
I bought my droid on the 11th of this month. The verizon tech people couldn't set up my yahoo on my droid. I finally got it to connect with my yahoo account on the 18th. I set the frequency for 15 minutes and it worked for about a day, then no more messages unless I refreshed my inbox. Today I went to refresh my inbox and kept getting a connection error pop up. After getting that a couple of times it switched to an error saying my username or password was incorrect. I tried a soft reset and also tried removing the battery for some time and still error; username or password incorrect pops up, although I have verified that the info is correct.

Blackdroid

Reaction score
If you have yahoo mail plus then it should work really good. Now If you just used the imap trick that lets you receive mail without the subscription then its pretty normal. My yahoo mail usually works but sometimes the same thing happens, the connection errors and login/pass come up. I give it awhile and it just starts working again. What I do is forward sync all my yahoo mail to my gmail account, so I can access it there anytime the yahoo is down.

Silver Member
Reaction score
How do I forward sync my yahoo to Gmail so I can do the same?
don't use the email client. it's junk and consumes a ton of resources.

if you don't have yahoo plus, there's a workaround to enable pop within your account. you have to change your location to Yahoo Asia in the settings before you can do so (do a search).

once you've enabled pop on your account, you can have gmail automatically check your yahoo mail for you.

gmail checks on intervals of about 30 min.

OP
Greg b

Greg b

Reaction score
After I've changed to yahoo Asia what do I do. I tried forwarding but that didn't work so what steps do I Need to take to make it work?

Silver Member
Reaction score
don't use forwarding. use gmail to check other accounts. it's in the account settings.

OP
Greg b

Greg b

Reaction score
Account settings on my Droid or on yahoo. I'm not seeing it in account settings on yahoo.

Silver Member
Reaction score
in gmail. use the desktop version, not the mobile version (it's easier).

OP
Greg b

Greg b

Reaction score
Can you give me step by step instructions. I can't figure this out where in Gmail I need to add my yahoo account.

Silver Member
Reaction score
click on settings in the upper right
open the accounts and import tab
locate the "Check mail using POP3:" section
click Add POP3 email account
follow on-screen instructions.

you can also send as your yahoo account holder if you set it up in the "send mail as" in the section above.

OP
Greg b

Greg b

Reaction score
No. I did desktop on my phone. Ill try it when I get off work and let you know what happens.

Silver Member
Reaction score
you can do it from your phone, but it's difficult at best. i'd only recommend doing it from a pc.

eg92b16a2

Reaction score
I was on the same boat until i just set the yahoo account to forward emails to gmail. Now it is working like a charm.

Sign into yahoo asia mail - left side of screen OPTIONS - Mail options -
left side of screen "POP and Forwarding" - click on "Set up or edit POP & Forwarding" -
select Forwarding and enter your gmail address - save - then yahoo will send an email to your gmail account and will have a passcode that you will input into yahoo. and from then on all email will be sent to gmail.