Yahoo mail issue.....intermittent

zero7404

Reaction score
has anyone else experienced this problem ? once in a while i check my yahoo mail that i set up on the phone via the "email" icon, but i get an error message: username/password incorrect.

i know my info is input correctly, most times i check this account via the icon and no problems.....

could this be a yahoo server issue or something happening on Android's side ?

DROIDMASTER

Reaction score
has anyone else experienced this problem ? once in a while i check my yahoo mail that i set up on the phone via the "email" icon, but i get an error message: username/password incorrect.

i know my info is input correctly, most times i check this account via the icon and no problems.....

could this be a yahoo server issue or something happening on Android's side ?

I have this problem too but when I launch mobile yahoo mail in the browser it works perfectly.

Incognito631

Reaction score
yeah its happens alot. I havent looked but maybe there is a better email app. I'm using the default one that comes with the phone

Camdog916

Reaction score
K-9 is better than the stock email app and it works good with yahoo mail.

I just installed K-9 and it said I have 50 new e-mails and they are not new. They are old e-mails that I keep in my Yahoo inbox. I uninstalled it cause this the exact same problem I am having with the email app that is already on the Droid.

OP
zero7404

zero7404

Reaction score
installing an app to do the same thing the phone should do is a bit redundant i think.
so does anyone know if this is an android issue or a yahoo issue ?

Reaction score
I use two email accounts, earthlink and yahoo (free yahoo). I have experienced intermittent email problems as well with both accounts. There will be periods lasting anywhere from 1 to 10 hours where I cannot access email from either of these two accounts. Yeah, I'm disappointed about this being that I bought the phone for email use.

I wonder if the paid yahoo account would work better. Has anyone tried this?

Felis

nerdbox08

Reaction score
It says flat out in EVERY mail app(stock or not) for Yahoo that there can be HUGE problems because Yahoo doesn't like to play nice with POP3 programs.

So I'm gonna put my money on Yahoo.

You guys are even lucky you get a mail or two. It's supposed to be a 'premium' / paid service.

Reaction score
I really wonder if Blackberry has the same issues. I just want email that works. Receiving email is an old technology, there's no reason why it should be such a struggle to receive email. My desktop computer has no problems with receiving email why should the Droid behave so intermittently? It doesn't connect to my work email at all. What good is that?

nerdbox08

Reaction score
I really wonder if Blackberry has the same issues. I just want email that works. Receiving email is an old technology, there's no reason why it should be such a struggle to receive email. My desktop computer has no problems with receiving email why should the Droid behave so intermittently? It doesn't connect to my work email at all. What good is that?

I can understand being upset about not being able to log into your work email, if you can in fact log in from any computer you want, but Yahoo is a very different story.

Yahoo hates people. They want people to pay for the ability to access their(YOUR) mail via POP3.

It's just sad.

Reaction score
I can understand being upset about not being able to log into your work email, if you can in fact log in from any computer you want, but Yahoo is a very different story.

Yahoo hates people. They want people to pay for the ability to access their(YOUR) mail via POP3.

It's just sad.

Today I was considering trying Yahoo's pay POP account to see if it worked better..

nerdbox08

Reaction score

It's just sad.

Today I was considering trying Yahoo's pay POP account to see if it worked better..

From all that I understand, from attempting to get Yahoo to work correctly through POP3 for years, the only way to use it reliably is to pay for it. A lot of people can't even get shoddy mail coverage with a free Yahoo account. =\

There USED to be a work around by creating your Yahoo through Asia, but I think they might have stopped that too.