No e-mail on WiFi

dukescotts

Reaction score
I got the 2.1 update this morning. Now, my e-mail only works over 3G. It won't connect over WiFi.

This is the case with both my work (Exchange) e-mail and my Yahoo e-mail. With WiFi on, my Exchange e-mail gives me "Unable to open connection to server." The Yahoo e-mail says that the username and password are incorrect.

I know for a fact that the exchange e-mail was working over WiFi until the update. Not sure about the Yahoo one. I don't check it as often so it may have only been updating when I wasn't in WiFi range.

Is anybody else having this problem? Any suggestions?

Thanks

JCo352

Reaction score
Verizon said that Yahoo wouldn't work over wifi, only 3G. I'm not sure about exchange.

OP
D

dukescotts

Reaction score
Yeah, I had seen the stuff about Yahoo. I don't quite get what they mean when they say that Yahoo e-mail has been added with this release. I've had access to my Yahoo e-mail since the day I bought my Droid in early December. Seems like I've gone backwards with this release.

The Exchange e-mail is the real concern. It means I pretty much have to leave WiFi off all the time.

JCo352

Reaction score
Have you maybe tried a reboot or a battery pull(for 30 seconds), maybe that will remedy the problem.

rrodgers68

Reaction score
try maildroid works great with wifi you can add yahoo gmail and hotmail