Setup for Yahoo Mail

Reaction score
If you just have the free yahoo email and not the paid version, you won't be able to set it up. They purposely block/don't support mobile syncing unless you upgrade. You can just bookmark it and access it through the browser.

Also, I've seen on a lot of the forums, that Yahoo and Droid, even with pay, aren't playing well with each other.

Skimd

Reaction score
Droid and Yahoo Mail Plus work - a - around

Help...Can anyone help me set up my yahoo e-mail.

It works and I get a burst of 30-40 e-mails and then it will not refreash and will not get any new mail....any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Glen

danajo

Reaction score
setting my ymail up

I have tried to put the setting into my phone so that my yahoo will work...I even got yahoo plus...but it still won't work. I can't get past the incoming server settings page. I get unable to open conection to server error. Please help me. I went into my yahoo and had my email forwarded to gmail, but now I can't get my email on the computer. Please help me.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Help...Can anyone help me set up my yahoo e-mail.

It works and I get a burst of 30-40 e-mails and then it will not refreash and will not get any new mail....any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Glen

Change your settings so it checks your email more often. I had mine set at 15 minutes on my POP3 account

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have tried to put the setting into my phone so that my yahoo will work...I even got yahoo plus...but it still won't work. I can't get past the incoming server settings page. I get unable to open conection to server error. Please help me. I went into my yahoo and had my email forwarded to gmail, but now I can't get my email on the computer. Please help me.

I'm sorry but I don't use Yahoo. Let me ask someone if they can help

Geofferson

Reaction score
If you just have the free yahoo email and not the paid version, you won't be able to set it up. They purposely block/don't support mobile syncing unless you upgrade. You can just bookmark it and access it through the browser.

Also, I've seen on a lot of the forums, that Yahoo and Droid, even with pay, aren't playing well with each other.
If true, this is valuable information. I suspect a lot of us with Yahoo! problems have the free version.

Like you said, I'll just bookmark the site for now.

lockcity

Reaction score
I emailed yahoo about this on friday and this is the reply I received yesterday.

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Yahoo! Mobile.

I understand that you are experiencing problems with Yahoo! Mail while
using the mail client on your Android phone. I sincerely apologize for
any inconvenience this is causing you.

At this point and time Yahoo! Mail is not supported within the mail
clients on Android phones. However, I assure you that we are working in
conjunction with the necessary parties to implement this functionality
on Android devices as soon as possible. At this time I recommend that
you remove Yahoo! Mail from the mail client on your device to avoid
additional problems from occurring. We greatly appreciate your patience
with us while we work to get Yahoo! Mail implemented for the mail client
on these devices.

In the meantime I recommend that you use the Yahoo! Mobile Mail from
your device's browser for a rich, Yahoo! Mobile Mail experience. You can
do this by entering the following URL in your device's browser:

Y! Login

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to explain the present situation
and for your patience while we work towards a solution.

Thank you again for contacting Yahoo! Mobile.

Regards,

Eve

Yahoo! Mobile Customer Care

mikeinctown

Reaction score
That is very interesting. Wehn I first set up my mail it worked, then it stopped working the next day. A day later it worked, then stopped working the next day. I found that making sure I actually logged out of Yahoo at home seemed to increase my chances that I would get new mail on the phone. Perhaps just a coincidence, but you never know. Mail for me was working fine yesterday.. Who knows about today. I hope they fix it soon...

When i replied to an e-mail the other day via my phone everything seemed to go ok. When I got home and looked at my sent items folder, it looked as if I sent 50 replies to each address I responded to. I can' take the chance that there actually would be 50 replies sent. Not good.

Xtine

Reaction score
Can someone please help me set up my bellsouth email account?

fmserc

Reaction score
what "big erick" posted, works great for me. follow the directions CLOSELY... i did the factory reset a couple times with no luck, and now it works flawlessly.

skrewdup

Reaction score
this is annoying. yesterday, i was able to setup yahoo email via imap for the first time since purchase 2 wks ago and worked fine. today, it's giving me that invalid id/password crap again. :mad:

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
About 3 years ago, before I had any idea something called "Android" would be around 3 years later, I got my first GMail account, I didn't want to completely wipe out my Yahoo account and have my contacts switch over. So, I set up my Yahoo to forward everything to GMail. This has been set this way now for 3 years flawlessly. So, now that I have my Droid, anyone who sends me something to my Yahoo account gets forwarded to my GMail and I get the notifications. What's nice in GMail, when I send messages, I can set it to send as if I was using my Yahoo email address or my GMail address.

Just a thought for a possible workaround.

Akitakan

Reaction score
A week ago, I set up my free yahoo accounts as per directions listed in this forum (changing over to Yahoo Asia location). It worked for a couple of days but then started to have issues. It would notify me of new emails when in fact they were previously read ones. When I marked them "read" on the Droid, I would receive different new email notifications (old ones again) fifteen minutes later. It's obvious that something is not working 100%. I have abandoned this process completely now but may use the forwarding method in the future.