Problems with 3G connections since update

DianeC

Reaction score
Before the last ota I was connected all the time, using CDMA only, and easily flipped phone into 4g when I needed it. Battery life was fine, lasted thru the day.

After ota I find I often have no 3G data connection, but can switch to 4g and the data flows fine, but doesn't stay connected. Called Verizon this am and the tech did a reset, and had me pull and reinsert the sim card. She said that I am in a heavily saturated 4g area and I should use it, that my battery life will be fine on it...phone is staying connected to 4g, but battery is dropping fast....could be because I am checking all the time. She also said when i travel to rural areas i might want to lip it to cdma only to conserve battery, so it wont search for 4g. Does this sound right, or do I have a problem?

I've had the the phone since the release date, and this is first issue I've had.

Another problem cropped up since the reset/pulled sim: the battery use won't reset, it's still showing time/use since prior charge. I used to (yesterday) refresh it and see what current usage is...now it shows 24 hours and running totals. Any help there?

Thanks for your help!

Reaction score
I don't know what could be the cause of the data problems because the majority of users have all reported that the latest ota fixed any data issues. I am one of them.

As for the battery stats, I know that if you do not do a full charge, it will give a running total since the last full charge. If you have done a full charge and it us not resetting, I wouldn't know what else to recommend unless you were willing to really get in and mess with your phone.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Purple Tapatalk

OP
D

DianeC

Reaction score
Thanks. I will try giving it a full charge, perhaps that does trigger the refresh.

As to the inability to connect to 3G in a 'saturated' 4g area, it does seem really strange, and I am hoping someone else in a metro area is seeing the same issue. I worry what will happen when I head out into remoter areas like Pinetop, and can't get 4g, will i be able to manually switch to and hold 3g, like my old OG did just fine? Sure hope so

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Thanks. I will try giving it a full charge, perhaps that does trigger the refresh.

As to the inability to connect to 3G in a 'saturated' 4g area, it does seem really strange, and I am hoping someone else in a metro area is seeing the same issue. I worry what will happen when I head out into remoter areas like Pinetop, and can't get 4g, will i be able to manually switch to and hold 3g, like my old OG did just fine? Sure hope so

When in areas where you can't get 4G, the phone SHOULD step down to 3G naturally. In fact, the phone needs both a Cellular carrier and a 3G carrier to trigger the 4G radio to connect. Once the 4G radio reaches a distance that is too far from towers, the 3G radio should jump in and start working.